Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 RS and changed my rims from stock to 16" rims and low profile tires .My question is how much would that affect my over all speed .

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
All of that has nothing to do with performance guys.

It depends what size tires you used and how heavy the rims are. If overall they are larger than what you had before, you will have taller gearing and that will make you slower but actually give you more top speed. Also, if they are heavier, the extra unsprung weight is going to hold you back a lot. But with the lower sidewall that I assume you have compared to what you were running before, you will have less flex and better handling.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Louse76 on Aug/08/02 said:
You're right, my apologies. I posted the link to the wrong calculator. I used to have one that would give you what he's looking for, of course now I can't seem to find it.

Good looking out Dragontegz.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Are you talking about top speeds or acceleration speed?

For acceleration I know going from 14" steelies to 17" heavy alloys was a big difference in acceleration.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Louse76 on Aug/08/02 said:

It depends what size tires you used and how heavy the rims are. If overall they are larger than what you had before, you will have taller gearing and that will make you slower but actually give you more top speed. Also, if they are heavier, the extra unsprung weight is going to hold you back a lot. But with the lower sidewall that I assume you have compared to what you were running before, you will have less flex and better handling.
see, louse, i wasn't sure if he/she was refering to the difference it speedometer reading or the actually performance of the vehicle. i guess one can interpret it either way...

·
Registered
472 Posts
Louse76 on Aug/08/02All of that has nothing to do with performance guys. said:
It depends what size tires you used and how heavy the rims are. If overall they are larger than what you had before, you will have taller gearing and that will make you slower but actually give you more top speed...
i dont know too much. but the bigger rims you get the more top end you get are you sure.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
zad5 on Aug/08/02 said:
Quote: Louse76 on Aug/08/02All of that has nothing to do with performance guys. It depends what size tires you used and how heavy the rims are. If overall they are larger than what you had before, you will have taller gearing and that will make you slower but actually give you more top speed...
i dont know too much. but the bigger rims you get the more top end you get are you sure.

[/quote] dude... that's not what he was saying. he was saying that you get a higher top speed - not more high-end power... i see how that can be confusing though...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry ,i meant about the speedometer reading,I got the rims and tires for really cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts