Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished replacing my rear rotors and pads. It was my first time attempting it, and it all went smooth thanks to the great articles and info here at TI.net. I never would have attempted it before, but I can't believe how relatively painless it was. Hardest part was just trying to get off some of the bolts. And is there a special tool they use to crank down the caliper piston? I used the side of a large screwdriver, but I kept saying there has to be an easier way. Stephen's suggestion of an impact driver for those rotor screws worked like a charm. In a couple days when I get a little more free time, I'll be doing the front.

My only set back was, I now know there is a left and a right rear inside brake pad. I was wondering why at first the warning pin was on top and not on the bottom like the set I took off. duh
They are on correctly now.

Oh, I used Brembo blanks and PBR Metal Masters I got from importrp.com.

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Wow, your first brake job went A LOT smoother than mine from the sounds of it. Good job. Btw, they DO make a special tool for the caliper, but I've found a pair of needle nose pliers worksd just as well.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
leitefrog on Mar/03/04 said:
And is there a special tool they use to crank down the caliper piston?
its called a c-clamp..very useful for compressing the piston..and congrats on doing the job yourself..you saved a good amount of money and the assurance that it was done right.

·
Registered
698 Posts
AcuraRider14 on Mar/03/04 said:
Quote: leitefrog on Mar/03/04And is there a special tool they use to crank down the caliper piston? its called a c-clamp...
keep in mind, he did his REAR brakes, in which you do need to turn the piston clockwise. The C-clamp is for the front brakes. Just don't want to confuse anyone.

·
Registered
133 Posts
They sell a tool at Sears that turns the piston back in. Costs $12 and it looks like a 1" x 1" x 1" cube used with a rachet.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Good Job man! theres quite a few tools to do the rears avaliable autozone sells them etc. For the Fronts as mentioned earlier use a C-Clamp.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yahoo, fronts are done! That went quicker than the back brakes. only issue was getting the rotor off the driver's side.

So what should I do next?
The suspension needs an upgrade on my Q-ship. What will be the easiest to tackle first?

-G

1 - 10 of 10 Posts