Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry again. I jsut have a qustion pop out of my head. ok.. as the article says, cut the wire and put a new wire with the switch and put it in a place you feel safe. But my qustion is that, if the thrieve can find you ryellow/green fuel wire , they can jsut simply track your new wire and find your swtich. isn;t it?

·
Registered
145 Posts
if they can find the wires, they can just cut them, splice them together and bypass the switch completely.
The point is, in many cases the thief will go through the work of trying to start your car, but when it won't start they are not usually going to stick around to troubleshoot (and tear apart the interior, take out the back seats, etc) to figure out why the car isn't starting.
It's all about making it more difficult for the thief.

·
Registered
617 Posts
i actually talk to some people about it...and if you really wanted to a car even with fuel cut....a would be theif would just run a constant 12 volt to the fuel via ignition and straight to the fuel pump in the back seat...sure putting the switch will slow the theif down...but how do you think it would take a theif to run a 12volt wire to the back seat.? i say about 2 minutes seeing how easy it is to take out the back seats....

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
and that's an extra two minutes of time they might not have. I can stab someone in a few seconds or call the cops in about 3 seconds. We are not here to debate the usefulness of a cut off switch. But other than that, I don't know what this thread is about?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.