Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen a car that has chameleon paint sort of splashed on it but it looks like it was just driving in the rain (of Chameleon paint)? Does anybody think this is possible and if so, do you think it would look good?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm... someones glass is half empty....

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I've seen it and its not pretty. It would have to be a really expensive air brush job for it to look right. Its also a very dated look. They did that back in the early 90s and that was about it. I haven't seen a car with that particular theme for several years at least. Perhaps if it was part of a theme it would look alright, but that paint scheme is only something that looks good on a show car.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Iv'e heard it makes the car look like it's moving even when it's still. I think that it would look pretty cool and i think ill go with Hakamoto on this one. [email protected]%& what you heard! It's what you hearin'! But then again, im broke so

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
A guy at my work had like a 'gasoline' paint job I think he called it on his old Sunbird. It changed colours depending on what angle you were looking at...looked ok I guess. Not my cup of tea really.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I've seen it done where they put on the paint very thick then use an air line to blow the paint back in drips, looked alright but not great. and it was use in a few small spots.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no thats just chameleon paint but im thinking of the same color, just as if it were raining that color onto a black car for just a few seconds while the car was moving.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yeah, I've seen a few cars like that down here. They do look very very early 90's. If you want that look, go ahead. Also, if it gets chipped/scratched you're gonna pay for it to be fixed.. a lot. The water drops do look cool tho, for a little while.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
You cant just splash on automotive paint, it wouldnt be a smooth finish. To get the "splashed" effect, you would have to have a very expensive airbrush job and each drop would have to be painted on. Not only that, but the color-shift paint is like a 3-4 coat process (not including primer and clearcoat).

Imagine paying someone to do a full paint job, as well as airbrush hundreds of individual rain drops all over you're car 3-4 times over.

Then imagine driving that incredibly expesnive paint job around town... crikey, you'd cry everytime you saw gravel on the side of the road. I'd venture that for that level of custom paint work, you'd be looking near the 10 grand plus ballpark. The man hours to airbrush color shifting rain drops on a car... scary. You better believe it would need to be an expensive shop to get it right to.

on top of that, i personally strongly suspect it would look crappy and tacky, and you cant be sure if you'd like it either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts