Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a spoon carbon fiber mugen lip to install on my 94 ls and i want to know what is the best way to install it and have a nice clean install. i heard rivits? but i want to know if there is a way to put it on and have it stay on and then still be able to take it off for those winters with piles of snow.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I would follow the lip install article on this site, but use machine screws and nylock nuts on the ends inside the wheel well, so its secure both for driving and from theives, but will be removable for winter. Most lips will require doublesided 3M tape in the center, but it can be omitted if the lips fits very well, that will save you from ripping it every time you take it off, then having to scrape it off and reapplying.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
you know the saying, measure twice drill once. Make sure you take you time and drill with a very sharp bit so you dont splinter the CF is it is indeed real. Thats why I was suggesting you use machine screws, as opposed to self-tapping screws which will splinter the weave when installed/removed repeatedly.

(EDIT) Use washers both insid and outside to prevent the head of the screw from digging into the resin as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.