Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this has been bugging me EVERYTIME I look at my car.

With caps:

I hate those centercaps first all. The gunmetal wheels are nice but that centercap throws off the whole look by having that "bling bling" in the middle.

Without caps:

That little yellow spot where the center cap covers is just as bad. Ugh I dont know which looks worse.

So here's what Im thinking, maybe I should find some gun metal paint and paint the centercaps to match the wheels. Or just get some black paint and paint over that gold/yellowish spot behind the wheel. What do you all think about solutions to this? I know its petty but it bothers the hell outta me everyday.

·
Registered
420 Posts
u can get gunmeatal paint at any auto parts store? i don think it will hurt anything not having them on though when u get dealer winter rims they dont have anything covering them like right now with my winter rims on they are open and it dosnt hurt anything, i see many many ppl around my place with caps in the winter. Nice rims by the way

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
i like it off but keep it on, u dont want that to rust or anything. just my 2cents

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
all i can see is a 4x4:).... ok sorry i coudln't resist. well to answer your question i think it looks ok either way. you didn't show a close up of the center cap so its harder to tell. i wouldn't paint the center caps cause then you go to sell them it might not be what they want ya know. but either way.. i think it looks fine. i would just focus on getting some springs

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
I like those rims, they look SSR kinda off.
I'd keep them on the way they are. They look good like that.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vdog0531 on Feb/18/04 said:
all i can see is a 4x4:)....
Trust me saving up for the drop is #1 priority. As for the caps I think Im going to go for the gunmetal paint, do they usually carry that at Autozone stores, etc? I dont ever remember seeing gunmetal paint color at any stores...

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
They sell gunmetal paint at auto part stores. You just have to look for it. They have silver and gunmetal wheel paint made by duplicolor or some brand like that. They have it everywhere I've ever seen spray paint for sale. It would be a close enough match and would probably look better than the chrome look or the absent look.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jngrbrdman on Feb/18/04 said:
It would be a close enough match and would probably look better than the chrome look or the absent look.
I think thats what Im going to go with. Ohwell if it doesnt look any better then screw it Ill just go with the caps off. Thanks for the replies fellas!

....yeah they are SSR knockoffs, called Formula CTYPE. Theyre A LOT lighter than the GSR blades I traded to get them. Its a good trade I think, just gotta take care of that centercap problem and theyll be great! Along with a drop

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hakamoto on Feb/18/04 said:
Hey Adam, if you decide to paint them, go to autozone, they'll have what you need. I think you should leave them as they are. They match the lugs and the lip. Save your money on paint and drop that Princess. No offense Ashlyn!
There fixed it.

... sigh Ive been sitting here at work for the past nine hours playing the calculator figuring how I can afford the drop ASAP. Soon enough, soon enough

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Perhaps if you spent more time working and less time calculating the price of a drop then it would happen sooner.
lol (this coming from a guy who is also at work right now}

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
vdog0531 on Feb/18/04 said:
i don't see how those can be "a lot lighter" than the blades since the blades weigh in at 15pds. but oh well... good luck
When we were switching tires on the two rims I picked them both up in opposite hands. Its an obvious difference in weight beween the rims I have now and the GS-R blades.

...yeah I was looking into those carbon fiber centercaps as well, but I think Ill just paint them to match. Its probably cheaper. Yeah I work at a job where I sit all day and read on TI
. When I get off this evening Ill stop by Autozone or something.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.