Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CEL 73 - Which reads Cylinder 3 Random Misfire

I just cleaned the engine bay. I neglected to blow out the spark plugs. Ran fine on the way to school, then when I was headed home I got CEL and limped home (I know, not the best thing to do). Man was that a lumpy ride.

Checked the CEL, got 73. Pulled the plug wires, sure enough, wet inside. Let dry.

I don't want to pull the plugs for fear there is water that will drip inside the cylinder.

So what to do now? I figured wait til its dry, insert wires, clear CEL and see how it runs. Is this a good course of action? Do I need to pull the plugs to check/clean? Also, is this the third from the left or third from the right?

Sorry, I am beyond my skillset here. Thanks.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update
Man. I fuxored.
Waited to dry: reinstalled wires.
Started up, still throwing code, but didn't feel like it was misfiring then.
Did what this website said and pulled the plug wires one at a time to see if the engine started lumping.
Cylinder 1: engine bogs ->plug back in
Cylinder 2: engine bogs ->plug back in
Cylinder 3: engine bogs ->dies.
Plug it back in, now the car won't start. Checked under hood fuses, all good.
Think I just made a $300 mistake.
Input?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good info, thanks citrus.

I checked the wires, they looked good on both ends and resistance was within specs, plugs looked good, but I'm coming up on a 90k service so I replaced those anyways.

I also pulled the cap and rotor, they do need replacement as per service schedule, but I also checked resistance across the pos and neg of the ignition coil. Came up with 0 ohms. Have I found my problem? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello there I wanted to know if u could help me I have a 95 integra and I read the r u code and it told me my map sensor was bad I replaced it and took battery terminals off to turn off check engine off but it won't turn off .. If u could help me I would be appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts