Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so this morning i decide to put a new cd player in my car right... now the owner before me had her radio stolen out of the car, so there was no wiring harness. i used the wiring info fron the FAQ page on this site, and did everything right, double checked and everything. but... the radio wont turn on. now it says on the page that both the right rear and left rear ground wires are the brown/black, but theres only one.

"Radio 12V|White/Blue|+|Radio
Radio Ground|Black|-|Radio
Radio Switch|Yellow/Red|+|Radio
Radio Illuminate|Red/Black|+|Radio
Power Antenna|Yellow/Green|+|Radio
LF Speaker|Blue/Green-Grey/Black|Radio
RF Speaker|Red/Green-Brown/Black|Radio
LR Speaker|Blue/Yellow-Grey/White|Radio
RR Speaker|Red/Yellow-Brown/Black|Radio"

idk if that would cause the radio to not turn on, but im not thinkin that infos right. please lemme know whats up, this is starting to piss me off lol.

thanks

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
make sure you check the fuses - i blew a fuse and my stereo wouldn't turn on - hopefully it is that, very simple to fix!! good luck bro - also you may want to change the subject or else this topic may get locked... for future reference don't use such general terms in the subject heading

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
what about the fuse box under the dash on the left - is that the one you checked?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had a problem like this too..it turns out that i had the "Radio Switch|Yellow/Red|+|Radio" and the "RR Speaker|Red/Yellow-Brown/Black|Radio"
wires switched because they look like they are the same. Hope this helps, or double check the ground wire.

·
Registered
386 Posts
There's also a fuse under the hood called the back up fuse which if blown, the clock and cd player wont work. It's the fuse for things that have a memory. Ive done 3 of my own cd players and systems, and i cant imagine doing it without a wiring harness. see if you can put one on.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
you can verify the speakers by two ways:

First: speaker wire pairs are physically twisted together... don't cross them up
Second: taking these pair, you can put a AA or AAA battery across the leads and "pop" the speaker to veirfy which wires go to what corner of the car...

the fact the "stock radio worked" has no bearing here, because, well, you have a situation with a stolen radio and hacked up wires, so you can assume there is a wiring problem, and this is pre-Alpine install

Fuses: the fuse on the Alpine... no impact.. there are two OEM fuses that the car needs to make your radio work... one inside the car that controls "switched" power (Yellow/Red at the harness), and one outside the car that controls "constant" power (White/Blue at the harness)..

Constant Fuse >> This article

Switched Fuse: i forgot the label for it, but it wont be blown more than likely since when that scumbag thief stole the radio, there was no power flowing through it to screw up the fuse...

my $$'s on that backup fuse like vondutch says

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey thanks guys.. im gonna go out in a few minutes and see if i can figure out whats up... btw i found a really really good wiring diagram online, maybe someone could add it to the one in the articles section...

check it

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Quote: aepunk04 on Aug/28/02hey thanks guys.. im gonna go out in a few minutes and see if i can figure out whats up... btw i found a really really good wiring diagram online, maybe someone could add it to the one in the articles section...
check it
[/QUOTE]i make it good practice to not "steal" information from other sites

btw, if you dont want any extra work, check that "backup" fuse absolutely first before you tear anything else up... thats where the issue lies with more than likely

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok it works now... the clock still doesnt but if i press the one button on it it does.... thanks everyone

1 - 13 of 13 Posts