Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yeah lifetime warranty is nothing to f*ck around with... that's good

I like the MiniRam - The Chuck Norris(why?) - It has a good collector AND equal length runners for $285!!!, but I didn't see a wastegate flange... maybe can be added for more $

But considering a good manifold can run$400-1000, with a lifetime warranty it seems good...too good...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What good is a lifetime warranty if you dont even know where the company is located. I just seems a little shady to me. The only way to contact them is through a email address.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
He is located in CT.... and from my point his stuff is not good at all.

Yeah a lifetime warranty is nice and all, but this kid works out of his garage at his house. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it definately shows in his welds.... lots of contaminated welds and runners not lining up correctly
that is a huge problem!

I would think by now that most people realize that stuff that cheap is that cheap for a reason....

If you want to do something do it right the first time. And that includes choosing a good quality and good flowing manifold, which his manifolds are neither.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Chris you make a valid point and after looking at the welds on the site, i could do much better than that myself...but i am a welder...lol. but, he uses mild steel flanges with stainless runners, which is not the mark of quality, and i can also make out some welds that look contaminated and most likely have porosity in them. i would stay away if i were you.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
pubestripe on Feb/11/06 said:
Chris you make a valid point and after looking at the welds on the site, i could do much better than that myself...but i am a welder...lol. but, he uses mild steel flanges with stainless runners, which is not the mark of quality, and i can also make out some welds that look contaminated and most likely have porosity in them. i would stay away if i were you.
Thanks Kevin at least someone sees it as a valid point...

Now having a mild steel flange is not that bad.... but it must be painted of jett hott coated to prevent it from rusting out.... and mild steel tends to be more forgiving with heat stress than stainless. (stainless expands greater than mild steel and mild tends to return to it's origional form better than stainless) There are pro's and con's for each you just need to decide what is right for you.

CC-fab is also a pompus ass.... very racial and even hates on his own customers. Very unprofessional and need to grow up, on a personal note.

For that alone I would not support him or his manifolds. There is no need for that. If you want to see what I am talking about read some of his posts on H-T and Homemadeturbo. You'll see....

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I agree with comments about his additude because i did some research on him, but you can't judge something by just looking at an online diagram. I'm not saying anyone is wrong.. but you never know until someone actually buys the product.

But I bet we will soon find out you are right chris becuase your comments do show your knowledge and you have the numbers to back up a well thought out and valid setup.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
yeah Chris the mild steel flanges do not mean that they are improperly made by any means, i should have elaborated. But, as a welder, haveing mild steel welded to stainless is not as strong as it could be if it were stainless to stainless or mild steel to mild steel, that is what i was getting at. the other thing to is that guy is a jerk...lol i said it. so that is another reason for me not liking him or his products.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm pretty sure most manifold makers on Honda-Tech use stainless runners and mild flanges...

I know Josh and Jordan personally (these are the current guys welding everything) and are they full race...no, of course not. Do they make a cost effective product and stand behind it...yeah, everything I have seen so far points to that.

CC-Fab is at its beginning stages...everyone starts somewhere and I imagine they will grow this into something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.