Team Integra Forums banner

Catch Can Install?

33K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Stiggy1515 
#1 ·
Can anyone help me figure out how to install this catch can? It is this one

I have searched and searched and found so many different ways to install it I'm not sure the correct way.

I know the concept, one hose goes to intake? and one to PCV or valve cover, or something like that? Just not sure exactly which ports to connect the hoses to.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks, I would buy that but am trying to get tuned here in a couple days so I can drive the car since it's my DD. I'm hoping to not have to order anything else if possible.

What about following this diagram? Would it still work even though my catch can has a breather?

Where is the "pcv valve port, and the OEM PCV system Vaccum Source" specifically, any pics?

#5 ·
The OEM PCV valve is located on the black box which is on the back of the block. Here is a pic of it.

When you switch over to a catch can this should be removed and the holes will need to be plugged. You will probably need the fitting setup like Steve posted. More than likely the place tuning your car (if they specialize in Honda's) will stock these since they are pretty basic.

#7 ·
You can probably hold off on installing this (and doing it right with the right parts!) until post-tune, as the catch can probably won't be a factor in the tiune

#12 ·
exactly...

one more piece of advice: use the best hose clamps you can POSSIBLY get your hands on.... i ran into problems 2x with clamps i got at Harbor Freight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.