Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to get some people's feedback as well as inform those who haven't seen this new item yet.

Car Chip 4 Me

I have gotten to use one just for short period of time, and basically, it is like the "black box" that can be found in airplanes and such.

It records all vital data through the OBDII data port. You will get RPMs, coolant temp., ignition timing, how hard and soft you brake, as well as how hard and soft you accelerate...the list goes on!

It really could be a useful tool I think. They are selling at Auto Zone for approx. $120.00. Which might seem a little steep, but I think that it could be a useful guide for someone that wants to do some tuning of their own and to understand more characteristics of their vehicle.

Oh, I almost forgot! In order to view this, it comes with a cable and CD to install the software onto your computer. This way it will show you your data in 3 different types of graphs. And with more than one vehicle's data, or even multiple events of data for one vehicle, they can be overlayed ontop of each other to compare!

Let's here some other people's feedback!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Seems very nifty. You could record and compare telemetry readouts bewteen different cars at an auto-x with that. Combine it with a camera on board, and you could easily diagnose weakenesses in your driving abilities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts