Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how would carbon fiber wheels would look like. Would it look nice? Im not talking about rims made out of carbon fiber. Just have the carbon fiber sticker on it. How would you guys think it would look. i wanted to buy the carbon fiber sheets of stickers and have someone do the measurements and go buy some cheap wheels and put it on.what do you guys think dumb or should i try it

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
It would look weird because obviously you wouldn't have rims made out of carbon fiber. If you are going to buy a bunch of carbon fiber looking tape stuff then you should look at getting a piece large enough for a hood or something. It would be easier to put it on and would look better. Getting the tape to conform to the curves of your wheels without having seams all over the place would be super tricky. The first time a rock chips it or you get a little curb rash it will look terrible too. Just my thoughts though. Try it on an easy wheel like a 95 GSR rim or something. Maybe it would look cool. I've seen rims with carbon fiber inserts in them before. Maybe as accents it would be cool, but not as the entire rim.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I agree, if you can do it without crazy seams then go for it. That's the only thing. Making it not look like crap.

But if you could pull it off, it would look different and unique.

But you know you'll have some close-minded punks who'll knock it and say "you're not fooling anyone, those aren't REAL carbon fibre rims" - even though you weren't trying to fool anyone.

·
Registered
276 Posts
there is a company that did make real carbonfiber rims cause my friend who drives a civic has them. I liked them and asked where to get em and he said they were discontinued. His car was hit and he had 2 replace the 2 front rims. He got lucky and found a set on ebay. Anyway they look really good.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
naw i was just thinking about carbon fibering the spokes. kinda like the tenzo wheels where just the spokes are white powder coated and the rest of the wheels are aluminum. Just some way to make the wheels look clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts