Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 gs-r and when i bought the car i could tell the previouse owner had waxed the hood an u can see where he had done this...the hood is real carbon fiber but is there any way to fix this. so you cant see the old wax anymore

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Are you saying there is wax residue on the hood?

If so, I would wash, then dry. Follow up with a mixture of 50/50, Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol/Distilled Water in a spray bottle. In the shade, spray generously and wipe clean gently with an MF towel. Repeat if necessary.

I would look into having the hood sanded and clearcoated (currently it sounds like its gelcoated). Furthermore, look into a paint sealant instead of a carnauba wax (more friendly for residue). When applying, apply very thin.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
You're supposed to wax/polish the hood...its still clearcoat and needs to be shined up. If you have whitish/greyish areas on the hood that have no luster, then that could be the beginning of your clearcoat going bad (in which case it can just be re-cleared)

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Red Teg OBD1 on Feb/08/06 said:
You're supposed to wax/polish the hood...its still clearcoat and needs to be shined up. If you have whitish/greyish areas on the hood that have no luster, then that could be the beginning of your clearcoat going bad (in which case it can just be re-cleared)

CF hoods come GELcoated. It is reccomended to sand that down and CLEARcoat them.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
GSRstilez on Feb/10/06 said:
Quote: Red Teg OBD1 on Feb/08/06You're supposed to wax/polish the hood...its still clearcoat and needs to be shined up. If you have whitish/greyish areas on the hood that have no luster, then that could be the beginning of your clearcoat going bad (in which case it can just be re-cleared)

CF hoods come GELcoated. It is reccomended to sand that down and CLEARcoat them.
Right, thats true if you have to re-coat it. I was just stating that if it is dull or faded, that might be the reason. And that you are supposed to polish/wax it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.