Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone here has used carbon fiber cloth to re-upholster their interior? Or has seen anything like it?

Is the cloth like graphite where it will rub black on things?

flip.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did they use the epoxy on the cloth or did they just leave it as raw carbon fiber cloth?

Will the color rub off on other things?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Got lazy finshing the rest. Got school and stuff. Planning to finsh it in the summer. Its vinyl. Wont rub off. Its not like real carbon fiber but carbon fiber base vinyl. Same thickness as the material used to cover your door panels.
My CF interior thread

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry about the spelling. I have been out of the country for a week and I am forgetting english already.

flip.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Look at my post above...^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can't use carbon fiber cloth for re-doing your seats. The fibers are too wide, and not woven tight enough for it to work right. The first time you sat on a carbon fiber woven seat you'd pull all the fibers out of alignment and it'd look stupid.

once you apply resin to the CF it'll hold it's fibers in position, but then it's rather hard. Wouldn't be good for seats for that reason.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Hey flip, check out Oo9o9xAzNoO thread. I think he pics and links to where you can buy the stuff he used.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts