Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know im new with the whole carbon fiber hood thing because i just got one and i was just wondering if there is a problem with them in the winter.. like does the cold or snow do anything to them.. like crack them or anything of that sort.. just wondering..

·
Registered
382 Posts
If you got a nicer CF hood like VIS or Fiber Images or Benon (or is it Benan?) you will not have to worry about anything except the polish fading. CF hoods will not crack from snow or rock salt. I'm guessing rock salt & acid rain will eat away at that nice high gloss polish.

Anyone have a CF hood for more than 1 year with experience on the polish/gloss issue?

·
Registered
645 Posts
all you have to do is just get i clear coated again. what i did with mine was wet sand, polish it again, and then throw clear coat on top of it and your fine.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much does a good carbon fiber hood cost.. i payed like 500 for mine and i was wondering what the better brand ones go for.. i had a local import shop order it for me and i was wondering if they ordered a good one or not? what do the good brands like fiber images, VIS or them go for?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I think they are all pretty expensive, what I wonder is, does the quality differ with brands, or do the popular brands cost more due to their names??

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
There is definately a quality difference.... VIS, Fiber Images - real nice.. APC - not so good... also some have rolled edges and the APC and cheaper brands do not.

·
Registered
408 Posts
There is a shop near my hometown that sells THE BEST quality CF hoods I've ever seen. They actually manufacture them themselves and have them shipped over to the states. Rolled edges, no weave defects, nice smooth finish. Don't get me wrong, VIS and Fiber Images make some awesome hoods, but these were actually better quality, and cheaper. Be sure to check them out. They have 3 different styles of hoods for Integras IN STOCK, ready to ship. Right now their website ( AFS Motorsports ) doesn't have any pics of the hoods, but I'm sure you can contact them via email and get all the info you need.

Email Andy ( [email protected] ) and tell him that "Evan with the white Integra" sent you. (who knows, he might knock the price down a bit for ya)

Hope this helps.

Evan

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yea well after seeing those videos on the fiber images website, im not buying from anywhere else but them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts