Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I just recently bought a VIS Carbon Fiber Hood from my friend's friend for my '94 Integra and like the fitment and quality looks great. My only question is that when I lift the switch to pop my hood I can hear the carbon fiber hood pop open but it sounds like it only poped open or unlactched about only halfway.

I have found that lifting the switch to pop the hood and at the same time pulling the hood up a little hard has opened my hood. I have to basically FORCE AND PULL UP on my carbon fiber hood and I do not want to do that against the metal latch on the hood to make stress on there. But I want it to open the same way it has been with my stock OEM hood to where it pops up completely.

Anybody had this problem or can help me out?

Thank You.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah check the allignment of the hood latch bar on the hood and make sure it hits in the center of the latch mech. on the car. It will still close and open if it is not adjusted properly just not very well so check that first

·
Registered
165 Posts
I found that pushing down on the hood where the latch is while flipping the switch will get it the hood to pop open. I know it sounds a little weird but it works.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok well how do I go about adjusting the metal latch on my car so that it may align with the hood bar on my carbon fiber hood?

My stock OEM hood poped open fine before but ever since the switch to carbon fiber im trying to figure out what is going on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
loosen the bolts holding down the latch mech it self that is on the car and it will move around slightly. It just ends up being a trial and error thing just keep moving and testing untill the hood opens easly

·
Registered
724 Posts
on each side of the car, just above the front bumper screws, and just after the last fender screws, are some plastic knob things that can be height adjusted. I dont know if this will help, but it's worth a try.

all you have to do is twist them CW or CCW to raise / lower them.

GL solving your latch problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts