Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have carbon fiber altezzas with condensation inside. If anyone has any suggestions to what I should do, please reply.
thnx.

·
Registered
139 Posts
do you have a warranty? if so take it back to the company and tell them your taillights have a leak in them so moisture goes in and builds condensation.
i had to do this with my apc ones and they just gave me brand new ones.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This might be a little off the original topic, but last winter I noticed my front headlights doing the same thing. Any suggestions on how to keep that from happening again?

·
Registered
126 Posts
ive heard for the head lights to bake them in a oven or somthin like that...im sure theres a thread somwhere on here about that

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
For the taillights did you use the stock foam seal thing or the replacement one that comes with the new tails? The replacement ones don't cover as much space and you should use your stock one's. That might be how to prevent this in the future.

·
Registered
603 Posts
baking headlights?

hehe, sounds funny. the purpose of it is to soften the glue so you can take it apart and clean the inside.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
Pollux on Aug/08/02 said:
For the taillights did you use the stock foam seal thing or the replacement one that comes with the new tails? The replacement ones don't cover as much space and you should use your stock one's. That might be how to prevent this in the future.
exactly. I used the stock ones also. one of them still leaked so I took it out, dried it out and then went and got some sealent from the hardware store(used aquariam sealent actually
) it worked and even survived the winter and still going fine.

·
Registered
417 Posts
You should use the stock gasktet (the foamy thing between the tail light assembly and the mounting area on the car. The ones that come with the new tail lights don't fit properly. Use some silicone (don't laugh) to help the seal stay. I did alot of research on how to properly replace my tail lights, before I pulled the OEM ones out. I've gone through a really bad rainy season up here in SF, and have not had any condensation problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts