Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car broken into. They smash my driver side window and they took my factory stereo. Luckily the cops were able to catch them. As of now my car won't start and my key is stuck in the ignition. Could I be having this problem because I lost my factory stereo or do you guys think that the thieves tried to pick my ignition??? help please

·
Registered
318 Posts
well for one its not becuase of the system....they obviously messed with the ignition if your key is stuck in there....sorry to hear bout the loss...good thing they got them

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do i check my ignition??? I checked around the ignition and it doesn't look like they scratch it up too bad

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
they generally do that for a reason (delete a thread)....but anyway...probably the easiest thing for you to do would be to go to a junkyard and get a complete set of locks and the vin so you can go to the dealer and have them lookup the keycode...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
guess what... I got my key out of the ignition but my car still won't start. All I did was unhook the car battery and then I was able to take out my key from the ignition. Now, is that strange or not??? So after i got my key out I stuck it back in the ignition and hook the battery back up and tried to turn on the car but it wouldn't start still and when I tried pulling out my key from the ignition it was stuck again until I un-hook the car battery, then I was able to take it out. It's like the car knows that my stereo is missing or been broken into so it's not allowing me to take out my key from the ignition until I un-hook the car battery. So hopefully when I get my stero back from the police I'll be able to turn on my car again....Everybody pray with me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts