Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home from the gas station and i tried to start my car to leave and it won't start. I have a new battery. The radio and everything else works fine.. help please

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
It's what will get the car home, though. It's not a permanent fix...do that, get the last remaining juice out of it and then take it to a mechanic or whoever and get it fixed. Good luck

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
come on now.. you guys always help people get their cars faster... help me get my car started!

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Is it clicking when you turn the key or what? If it's "bogging" then I'd say it's the battery or the alternator...let us know whats up when you turn the key.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the car barely cranks on.. then i give it gas to keep it going and it dies... my rpms can't really go high..

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Fuel Pump? If it starts and then dies, it's nothing like your starter or battery or alternator...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my fuel pump is connected to my alternator pulleys right?
if it is.. there appears to be some grease. does the fuel pump leak

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I don't think it would leak grease, lol.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well it's not.. but it's like a black soot. is it possible to flood my engine? i just left the gas station. my gas tank only holds like 13.2 gal.. it filled up to 13.9 without me pushing it that high

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mecklar on Sep/18/02 said:
well it's not.. but it's like a black soot. is it possible to flood my engine? i just left the gas station. my gas tank only holds like 13.2 gal.. it filled up to 13.9 without me pushing it that high

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
The only way you flood your engine is if you sit there and hold the gas pedal down when your car is shutoff. I'm not so sure that you can even flood new cars, I've never tried.

It sounds like fuel is having a hard time getting to the engine. That could be your injectors, pump, or they just may be clogged. This is my guess from what you've told us, I'm not there so I can't make a more accurate diagnosis. Unless there is something you've left out, I'm outta ideas.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I tried to start my car again. I turn the key to start the car. It cranks and I let off the key and it bogs down and it dies. If I hold the key in the oN position it will keep the car running. once I let off the key again, it dies.

·
Registered
62 Posts
sounds more like alternator...you can tell us everything but nobody here can give an accurate diagnosis seeing as how were not there..but ya need three basic things to start a car, fire(spark), fuel(which you obviously have) and power(which you may be lacking)... revert to the basics :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts