Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a 95 ls with no mods. I left it running on a hot day and the engine randomly shut off. When i try starting it the engine cranks over but shows no sign of starting. The fuel pump does not turn on unless i have it connected directly to 12 volts. My main relay and all fuses are working fine.

I tried going back on a cooler day but the same problem happened. I am thinking its a possible ecu problem or something but any help would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
maybe a blown fuse?? I think its called IGC?? it's located in the under dash fuse box. I had a similar problem like yours and that's what my problem was. Just throwing my 2cents out there. Hope i helped.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
trouble code 4 is the crankshaft position sensor. I don't know why it wouldn't send power to the pump tho. does your car run when you run the constant power to the pump? you could try replacing the distributer

·
Registered
18 Posts
i kinda had the same problem.. i was racing on a hot summer day and after about 3 runs my car just died.. it would crank and sound like it would want to start up but it wouldnt fire up.. my cousin told me to change the ignition coil (80 bucks at kragen) thats inside the dizzy.. i heard this is a common problem and most of the time its the ignition coil in the dizzy.. hope this helps.. good luck

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just got done taking it to pep boys. Hopefully they can solve this. Yeahyeah, when i run constant power to the pump it still won't fire up.

So I would guess it would be the coil, but why would my fuel pump not get any power??

·
Registered
814 Posts
TheNewbie on Sep/09/07 said:
i just got done taking it to pep boys. Hopefully they can solve this. Yeahyeah, when i run constant power to the pump it still won't fire up.

So I would guess it would be the coil, but why would my fuel pump not get any power??
Maybe you ran out of gas? hehe

·
Registered
292 Posts
i agree with everyone else. its most likely the ignition coil because my car did the same thing and after changing it the car started fine

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well i just wanted to let everyone know that pepboys figured it out for me. At first they thought it was a bad wire going to my relay. Then they found that there is a fuse box buried in the engine bay with two fuses in it (they said thats how it comes from the factory) one of the fuses was blown and it controlled my fuel injection and pump.

So i never heard of this fuse box before but I will make sure to have pep boys point it out for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.