Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 integra ls that can't pass smog. My evap does not set and I've been only able to set it once. However when i turn my car off all my obd2 sensors reset. I've got the oxygen sensors to set ready but my evap and catalytic won't set and i keep getting rejected at smog. has anyone encountered this? does anyone know how to fix my monitors resetting every time my car turns off? and does anybody know how to get that evap to set ready?

·
Registered
364 Posts
check this out, it worked like a charm to me

·
Registered
141 Posts
Honestly, it will be way easier to get the cat to set. Rather than the evap. If the cat monitor does not set to ready after some highway driving, then there is either a problem with the 02 sensors or the cat is bad. A scan tool with live data will show you. The upstream 02 or bank 1 sensor 1 should fluctuate from 0V DC to 1.0V DC. And the down stream 02 or bank 1 sensor 2, after the car is warmed up and driven a bit, should read a steady voltage of 0.6V-0.8V DC steady. Except under deceleration. An aftermarket cat is cheap $200-$300. And bolt on. So no need for a shop.

If both sensors fluctuate while driving, then the cat is bad. Not sure what your state rules are. But here in Nevada we are allowed 1 monitor to not be set. So if you replace your cat, you should be good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts