Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car just stops at 120mph. I used to be able to get upwards of 140mph. What could cuz this lose of power at the high end. Do I need new spark plugs and wires, fuel injectors, etc?

·
Registered
146 Posts
What model Teg do you have? I have had my car redline 5th gear on the autobahn. Is it manual or auto? If manual, take it to redline in fourth gear and then shift to fifth. That should help. Where are you getting the chance to get past 120?

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I havent done it in a while but the fastest ive had my 94 Auto teg was 130mph. once it hit 100 it took a while to get to 130. Recently I havent gone past 100mph. Acutally there is no reason to go that fast anyway. Be carefull

·
Registered
655 Posts
Furious94LS on Aug/20/02 said:
I havent done it in a while but the fastest ive had my 94 Auto teg was 130mph. once it hit 100 it took a while to get to 130. Recently I havent gone past 100mph. Acutally there is no reason to go that fast anyway. Be carefull
exact same thing here. auto LS... pulls all the way to around 105... than it SLOWLY makes it way up to 120 or so... mine is IFFY. once I was flooring it and i just couldn't get it above 118 or so. but I've gotten it to 128 and 130 around 3 or so times... wonder why it's a maybe thing. damn auto? or air temp, etc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have a gsr turbo my only problem is not going over 120 mph but i tell what i usualy never do it dont really find a need, can you imagine what would happend if you crash at that speed

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 95 GSR,

There is an old abandoned stretch of highway that me and my friends drive on. I was just wondering if spark plug wires and plugs can be a cuz of this

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
yup, my car does that to me too, it kinda tends to slow down after 120. even after a cold air intake mod... But i have no intention to go past 80MPH even in the high way... lol... all U first Gen Teg members knows what happened to me b4./..

Frank

·
Registered
273 Posts
it could be that you need new wires and plugs. at that high speed if anything is not working perfect. the car won't go faster, try cleaning your air filter or changing it before you run. like it was said before be careful. i know i got car up to 120 and i ran out of road, but at that speed it was scary. one little bump in the road and you're gone.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i hit 140 in my gsr going across michigan coming from detroit to chicago...
i almost shat myself, but it was fun to see both needles burried... anyways... there really is no need to go that fast, but we all have done it once just to say we can. make sure you have good tires and suspension, and make sure everything is put together right... and in good running order... 130mph is not the time to remember that you forgot to tighten your lugz....

·
Registered
146 Posts
160+ can be pretty scary. Things go by really, really fast(ie. Mercedes :) ) Don't do it, unless you know your car is in perfect running order. I am doing this on the autobahn in Germany, where it is legal. Is it legal where you do it? You will be dead if you make a mistake. No doubts about it.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
no there isn't only a rev limiter...

my LS dies at 125 ... that's the fastest i had it.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I live so far out of town from Las Vegas now, and there's about a 5 mile long road that is perfectly flat and straight with no cars and 5 lanes (must be a future major road or something)
on that road i can floor it for about a minute almost two, and the fastest i can get is about 110-115, for some reason i oNCE managed to get 123, but never again have i ever passed 115 after that, weird

·
Registered
398 Posts
i have been on the I-5 doing 140 more then once and 120 doesn't seem that fast to me at all maybe im triping but it is very easy to pass 120 maybe it's time for a oil change and all around tune-up i know when i 1st got my car it would lag after hitting 110 but after some braking in and tune spark plugs and wires oil and i alway run rich on gas i don't know if these help or hurt but i know i have got my car to 140 also get some tires those are the 1st thing that can mess up ur fun at high speeds and never brake hard when your going that fast you will lock up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts