Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A car wash ripped my turn signal out of my socket and wrecked the wires. The bumper was crappy so they didnt set in very nice, so im not suprised, my question is, it tore the wires out of the plugs, can i go to autozone, and get replace ment plugs, for the lights, here, ill show a diagram.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Try your local dealer, too. I replaced the same piece, and I don't remember it being very expensive. They can give you the connector with just the wires coming out the back (not the whole harness) and you can clean up the old wires and splice the new ones in.

·
Registered
755 Posts
my corner light recently came out while i was driving and ripped out all the wires too. i know the corner lights themselves are different for 98+, but what about the plugs and harness? are they interchangable?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
if they use the same bulbs, and the same amperage via the fuse, then they should be the same since the harness and sockets should be all relatively the same if not awful similar.. check out a factory parts site to make sure (=

~P2P

·
Registered
38 Posts
First, the smart-aleck comment: Make three lefts (instead of a right).

I like the autozone idea. If you can get a socket, and a bulb for that socket, sounds like you should be able to splice/solder to the existing wires. The voltage is going to be 12V (like in pretty much every car), so sounds like a low-pain way to go.

I like the other suggestion too, of going to online acura parts dealers (with the diagrams). Likely more expensive, but if you're already buying other OEM stuff (distributor/rotor, timing belt, whatever), I'd certainly think about piggybacking to an existing planned order.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
first off, i like your diagram.. you should make that into a article.
anyway... yeah i would go to a junkyard for one, i needed the left one and i jsut walked in with a pocket knife and cut it out and stuck it in my pocket... or you could not be a bum like me and pay $5 for it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.