Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was towed couple days ago for parking in the wrong place. The guy that towed my car dented my fenders I was wondering is he liable for the damage?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
And change your title so this doesn't get locked up.

·
Registered
523 Posts
usually tow truck drivers are not responsible for any damage that is done to your car. least that is what the tow truck driver told me when he had the entire weight of the car resting on the bottom side of my header

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Tow truck companies are not usually responsible for any damages. At least that is how it is here. I just dont take my car downtown or to the clubs, your just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
267 Posts
yeah, theres no way you're getting money out of a towing company. Best advice would be to just bend over and move on.

·
Registered
259 Posts
dude that same exact thing happened to me a couple of months ago when a tow company towed my car from a club and dropped it i a pile of junk. it caused almost $1000 worth of damage and they acted like they didnt give a damn. i had to claim insurance so my monthly payment went up......bastards

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It always, always pays to have good comprehensive insurance. If you're not an idiot and everyone else is (trust me, this is how it goes), you can get away with raising your collision's deductable so that you can lower the "everyone else on the planet is a goddam idiot" insurance (AKA comprehensive). Live and learn.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Well while all you guys havent had any luck, my friends z28 was towed and they tore off his factory groud effects. He got $1500 out of them I do belive but then again his dad is a well respected lawyer so that always helps.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I was just towed for an expired registration. he towed it to my house, when I got in it after he left the exhaust was making an AWFUL sound. I think he nailed the muffler on something, any way to prove this or get money from him?

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
They tore off a kids I know blitz front bumper, and he got 300 bucks, Don't listen to any of these people that say it's hopeless, they obviously did not try hard enough.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Just like with speeding tickets, if you have a good lawyer it pays, if you dont, you're out of luck. Almost all tow truck company signs say: "Violators will be towed at owners risk and expense". That means you're not just paying for the tow, but taking the risk of them hurting your car, and it's not their fault if they do.

My advice, check out the company and look up any legal documentation you can find about them. And just dont park where you're not supposed to.

·
Registered
786 Posts
My friend's 92 Civic HB w/GSR swap was towed from his apartment parking lot a while back. My friend thought his car was stolen. 4 months go by and he recieves a bill in the mail from the towing company charging him a lot of money for 4 months of storage. My friend was pretty pissed off at this point. He drives over there and finds out his engine & interior are all gone! The towing company said that don't know anything about this and some vandals probably stole the parts. His insurance company is not going after the towing company because they say "There's little we can do and there aren't too many laws against towing companies". My friend is not stopping there, he is doing all he can to fix up this mess and to get compensation.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Towing companies can pretty much trash your car and get away with it.

I've known guys who worked for towing companies and cars would get broken into in their tow yard all the time. They would just say the car was already like that when they towed it. Very hard to prove.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
This is why my "comprehensive" has a $100.00 deductable. Stupid people do stupid things. If it's not your fault, you shouldn't pay...

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
If your car breaks down, and you call a tow truck, and they damage the car you have a case.

The guys that tow the cars for being illegaly parked or repo, there is not much you can do. If you have insurance use it now.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I called the tow company and they said they would look at it and if they see damage fix it. I told them Id fix it and send them a bill, they said no, they would just fix it there, dont I have the right to choose my shop? isnt what they are telling me somewhat illegal?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts