Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 LS 4Dr and about 75-80 mph the car vibrates really bad. What could this be? Bad shocks? (Its completly stock by the way)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, not many where I live. I just got the car about a month ago, but this problem just started with-in about a week or so.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that might be it. my tire are bald and today I had to slam on them pretty hard b/c someone cut me off.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
sorry but you are an idiot, speeding and power braking on bald tires?
the next post will probably be "my car won't start and I only hit one tree"

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Jacksont - I agree its not a good idea to speed on bald tires, but its no reason to call anyone an idiot. Sometimes people just don't know better, so informing them nicely is very effective.

Vibrating at high speeds is often tire problems, or possibly the wheels needing to be balanced.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Yeah, bad tire balance should be considered.
Alignment issues perhaps?

Have you taken your tires off yourself recently?
(and tighten your lugs in improper order?)

Make sure that none of your lugs are loose.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I couldn't agree more w/ the balancing thing. one of my balancing weights fell off about a month ago and totally made my ride shake at 80 mph. Brought her in and had the tires fully balanced and rotated. Rides smooth as can be now. 4drtegLS's problem may be more serious in the fact that he may need new tires. Better get her in soon before you drive on her too much longer, your life depends on your tires!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yep, balance the tires. An alignment problem wouldn't cause it to shake at certain speeds, alignment would be pretty much every speed if it was going to make it shake at all. Also, bald tires aren't good at all because most of the time, if the outside edge or middle is looking bald...the inside is even worse and once you start getting the cords of the tire to come through the inside.one, that could cause it to shake on its own, and two a blowout is in your near future. Ever seen those tires on the side of the road,or parts of tires i should say...that could be you. Get some new tires man

·
Registered
457 Posts
It could also be a warped roter. Sometimes when roter is just slightly warped you don't really notice it at low speeds. However, it's becomes very apparent when you start traveling at hiway speeds. I'm not saying that it's not your tires or anything else just giving you someplace else to check if the tires don't cure your problem.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Warped rotors are usually only felt during braking.

·
Registered
264 Posts
could be tire balancing, wheel bearings, bent axles, loose tie rods....on and on. Jack up your car and try to wiggle the wheels in and out. Also grab the tie rods, axles & suspension arms and try to wiggle/shake them. If nothing moves significantly, then it's probably your tires needing balanced.

·
Registered
8 Posts
" sorry but you are an idiot, speeding and power braking on bald tires?"

Damn, pretty harsh without knowing the whole story. I was driving about 40 mph in the exit lane on the freeway to exit. There was no one else in the lane but there was stop and go traffic on the freeway to my left. Some idiot (not me) decided to not look over their shoulder and pull into the exit lane in front of me. Thats why I had to slam on my brakes. I wasn't doing something stupid.

Anyways thanks for the advise with the tires. I'm probably going to get new tire this weekend.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
i don't think you are an idiot, but you are putting yourself and others on the road at risk with bald tires. please get them replaced!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Okay, you've been upgraded to silly, but dont let it happen again!

change them tires!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts