Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

well I knew it would happen again sooner or later ever since they stole the stock rims right off my driveway in 2002. I am super paranoid. The car has high security Clifford alarm, starter disable, fuel kill, tilt sensor, secondary self powered siren.. I always remove everything from the car, I take off my radio even if I leave it for a minute and I even put a wheellock for a further deterent.

on Friday I went to bed late.. I was playing NFS (lol) at around 3:30 am - I saw a light shining through my window.. I looked through the blinds and saw the motion flood light was on in front my car. Then I saw 3 guys standing around my teg one guy had what looked like a crow bar in his hand. They had parked their car close to mine on the other side of the driveway. I didnt get a good look at the car because the roof of the house blocks half of the driveway I could make out only a fender and a peice of the car that looked like an older japanese model - black, possibly an old corolla or honda.

Anyway as soon as I saw the 3 men around my car I ran downstairs and pressed the panic button on my alarm.. I was a littled freaked out and totally forgot about the house alarm so that went off too the entire neighbourhood was awake at this point. But before I could see them they had driven away and fast. I called the cops and they sent a patrol officer out to scope out the area.. but Im sure they were long gone.

Thank god I was awake because I hate to think what they would have done. I think they wanted to pop the hood and rip the battery so the alarm wouldnt go off, but they didnt know I also have a secondary siren so that wouldn't of helped.

Multiple integras in my area have been stolen from 4-door to GSRs and I am getting very nervous and paranoid..

I am now considering that I should invest further with my alarm system.. possibly a pager alarm.. anyone know if this feature is available for Clifford alarm systems?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
yes it is. i have it and i love it. i have the matrix 10.5 which is basically the same as the 3.5 but w/o remote start. its not fool proof but it does give me a better piece of mind. check it out here

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Nice catch. Good luck with whatever you do with the car.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Maybe you should take down the info on your car in your sig. Its hard not to be proud of your car, but hey desperate times call for desperate measures.

I think since you live right by the window and can see the car and also cause you have a secondary siren, you should get a paintball gun and remove the screen from the window in your room. This way with some quick action , you can light up their car, call the cops and tell them its the car with all the pink dots on it.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
abcsr2ez4me on Jan/29/06 said:
I think since you live right by the window and can see the car and also cause you have a secondary siren, you should get a paintball gun and remove the screen from the window in your room. This way with some quick action , you can light up their car, call the cops and tell them its the car with all the pink dots on it.
see now the paintball idea is smart. but if u do that, they'll come back for revenge. i'd say camera or garage it.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
I am glad you got them, if anyone is in this situation in the future, I would first call the cops and tell them to respond asap. That way you would have a better way of catching them, then I would have tried to somehow find a window and try to get the tag from the other car if possible while the thieves were occupied.

But I am glad you scared them away, too bad they werent caught.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
awww you scared them off.... i woulda bagged me some crooks.... most people dont want thieves to show up at their house.... i actually want them to come... i have some new guns...

·
Registered
371 Posts
f!king theives. im sure at the moment, you were caught up and u did the right thing by pressing the panic...but now that i think about it....i woulda called the cops...(god knows what time they will arrive). cracked the house window, and fired a shot or two out in the air. then i dont think they would have returned... just to get my point across.

·
Registered
143 Posts
get an autolock...if anything integras are easy to steal. if your car if fix up they'll probably take the car and strip it. so the autolock is the best way to prevent it. yea! they might steal your stereo but they can't take the car.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Haegl, if you are so paranoid, why is it in the driveway in the 1st place?

abcsr2ez4me on Jan/29/06 said:
Maybe you should take down the info on your car in your sig. Its hard not to be proud of your car, but hey desperate times call for desperate measures.

I have been thinking of this for a while lol, having a small hole through my screen window with a custom lid and a paintball gun ready.

·
Registered
172 Posts
icemanxlb on Jan/29/06 said:
Haegl, if you are so paranoid, why is it in the driveway in the 1st place?

Quote: abcsr2ez4me on Jan/29/06Maybe you should take down the info on your car in your sig. Its hard not to be proud of your car, but hey desperate times call for desperate measures.

I have been thinking of this for a while lol, having a small hole through my screen window with a custom lid and a paintball gun ready.
Possiblity of a counter suite for vandalism. Especially if you shot their car before they touched yours.

·
Registered
17 Posts
8k-red-DC2 on Jan/29/06 said:
set another motion light out there, or rig up to the preexisting on so that you have a light in your bedroom go oN as well as the outside one if guys show up near your car.
thats a good ass idea, you could get the adapter where it lets you make an outlet out of a light bulb socket, (you can still have both light bulbs in) run an extention cord to you room rigged with a light and maybe a siren or sumthing audible, maybe not so loud

on a side note one idea ive always had was to set a heavy duty eye-hook into the driveway or some kinda anchor and then actualy chain(when i say chain i mean somthing huge that you cant use bolt cutters on) up my integra, with the rear tow hook, its something different, i think it would deffinetly slow the criminals down and probably make a ton of noise,

has anyone ever thought of this?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.