Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 95 gsr.

So the other night when i was coming home from work my car stalled while i was driving. No warning signs or sputtering. I was able to start it right away with no problems and it drove perfect, still had power. Not even five minutes later the car stalled on me again. This time it didnt start but would just crank. I waited about ten minutes and the car fired right up. I managed to make it home with no problems.
The next day i start the car and let it warm up. I drove it for about 30 minutes again with no problems. I took the car to town and it died on me in the middle of a busy intersection. I gave it about 2-3 minutes and it fired back up. From there i took the car home and havent drove it since.
Ive been reading about this problem with other people and alot of people say it has to do with the ICM. And i dont think its the main relay because i still have power and it doesnt sputter before it dies. My friend seems to think it has something to do with the kill switch but i believe otherwise. It only seems to die after I drive it for more than 30 minutes. Could it be something other than the ICM? Or other distributor problems? I dont want to go about replacing parts that dont need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are many things that can cause a car to stall while driving it. An engine is made up of many parts, and many of those parts are either governed by a computer or provide input to the computer to help it determine settings for the things it governs. Every vehicle has a fuel system and an ignition system.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I would take out the kill switch and see what happens. If that isn't the problem, could be fuel pump issue/main relay related/ignition switch.
My first thoughts were a overheating relay (solder connections) or a loose connection/broken wire on the kill switch.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Based on the symptoms you are describing, i would put money on a bad ICM/distributor. We have replaced a lot of distributors on civics/integras at the shop i work at.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Like other said it is either ICM or distributor, I have the same issue on my GSR not to long ago. If you need ICM, I have three spear ICM sitting around. They are brand new, I bought it when I was diagnose my car. Just Pay for the shipping and I can ship it to you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drive a 95 gsr.

So the other night when i was coming home from work my car stalled while i was driving. No warning signs or sputtering. I was able to start it right away with no problems and it drove perfect, still had power. Not even five minutes later the car stalled on me again. This time it didnt start but would just crank. I waited about ten minutes and the car fired right up. I managed to make it home with no problems.
The next day i start the car and let it warm up. I drove it for about 30 minutes again with no problems. I took the car to town and it died on me in the middle of a busy intersection. I gave it about 2-3 minutes and it fired back up. From there i took the car home and havent drove it since.
Ive been reading about this problem with other people and alot of people say it has to do with the ICM. And i dont think its the main relay because i still have power and it doesnt sputter before it dies. My friend seems to think it has something to do with the kill switch but i believe otherwise. It only seems to die after I drive it for more than 30 minutes. Could it be something other than the ICM? Or other distributor problems? I dont want to go about replacing parts that dont need to be replaced.
I am having this problem as well. What did you find was the problem?

·
Registered
198 Posts
ignition coil or icm.
if you replace the enire distributor you are tossing out a lot of perfectly good parts
that may be superior if it's factory original. get a used honda unit from car-part or ebay and rebuild with quality parts would be my take.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts