Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DAMN my car is still having problems after the many i fixed so far. The only thing left to do is get a new head gasket put on cause its leaking oil softball size a day, and Now its shakes when I ACCELERATE oNLY, not when im just at a steady pace going 60 or 70 and i dnt even kno what it could be.... Can u guys help me out a little. Or how hard is it to do the head gasket myself??

·
Registered
595 Posts
Well the head gasket would be kinda a pain but not to hard to do it yourself... Ive pulled the head off before and i'm sure jeff has also... As for the shaking on acceleration i think that could be your driveshafts going out.. Get under your car and see if the boots are good and dandy... Or just could be your tires un balenced.. But that would be constant not just under acceleration..

So my guess would be driveshafts or tranny check your fluid...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok ill check the stuff this weekend. . Where is your car!!!!!???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yea it wouldn't be too hard to replace the headgasket. you could do it in like a couple hours. just pull the valve cover off. then the cam covers, the cam holders, then pull the cams out undo the head studs and pull the head off. i mean you gotta undo some sensors and coolent lines and vacume lines too but nothing too big. i'm actually going to be pulling off my soon when i get my new valve springs and retainers.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dont i have to pull the intake manifold off? cant i just leave the cams in ?? If i put new cams in what should i get?? And does anyone kno the torque of the head studs?? and how to do the timing when i put it back together ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.