Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car just started making a sound the other day that was completely out of the normal. It is coming from the front of my car, but I am not sure if it is the left or right side, it almost sounds like it is coming from the center, not positive though. It is definately something that rotates with the speed of the car, because the noise repeats itself faster at higher speed, not higher rpms though just speed. The tricky part is that it only makes the sound when I am coasting, meaning neither the accelerator or brakes are being applied. The sound sounds like this... wuh wuh wuh wuh wuh.... any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't have money to just send it in to the mechanic

·
Registered
163 Posts
maybe a CV boot, jack your car up and check them, their little black boots next to your wheels. It also might be the infamous header/cat connection rattle.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no vibration or shaking, which is what is so weird for a rotating sound.... also if the sound was made by CV joint/boot then it should make it all the time, not just when I am coasting right?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
could be something with the brakes if the noise stops when the brakes are applied... warped rotor or something along those lines. have you recently had to slam on your brakes or did anything to overheat them?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my abs has come on a lot recently, because of snow/ice.... but if the rotors were warped then when i applied the brakes the car would shake... which it doesn't

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this is a MT... when it is in neutral the rotating noise is still there.... as I described before the sound is like wuh wuh wuh wuh... and as i go slower the sound becomes more drawn out and sounds like metal scraping.... also it has begun making a squeaking sound at the same point in whatever it is's rotation....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i can't beleive that noone else has either run into this, or worked on a car that has had this problem... hopefully i will get some responses soon... my car has been having so many problems recently im contimplating purposely totaling it and using the insurance money to get a type r.... gahhhhh

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
another update on my problem, it seems to continue while braking now unless i brake decently hard.. like over 50% of pedal movement.. anyone have any ideas on this sound? its driving me nuts!

·
Registered
114 Posts
When is the last time you changed your brake pads. My car would make a similar noise to the one you described. It would stop when i would apply the brakes, but return when the brake was released. I checked my brake pads and they were worn almost all the way down. They didn't squeal or anything to indicate that they were worn, they just made that rotating noise you describe. Changed brake pads and noise was gone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts