Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my battery down to autozone and got it tested and it was bad. It was the factory battery and it was 8 years old! So I bought a new one and hooked it up and when I went to start the car it did the same thing-I put the key in and turn it forward and all the dash lights come on, but when I turn it forward to start it does nothing. If I keep trying like 4 or 5 times it will eventually turn over and start. Do I have a bad starter?
I did not see any corrosion anywhere except on the battery cables, which I cleaned and still same thing.

·
Registered
935 Posts
The starter might have led to your orignal battery going bad due to excess start draw voltage which means you have too much resistance somewhere in your starter armature or windings. Yes, your starter seems to be the problem. That clicking noise is your solenoid on your starter trying to make electrical contact for your starter to operate. Change that starter out since obviously your car needs one since you still have the factory one still in there. If I were you I'd spend the extra couple bucks to get a factory brand new starter but its your choice. BTW the starter is easy as heck to change out relative to other cars, it's located right on top the transmission.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
that happened to me and i took off the connection that went to the battery since it was corroded..sanded it down till its bright and put it back on and wholia it was fine

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
I have to agree, the starter is shot. Check the voltage of your alternator as well. That might be on its way out as well.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I will change the starter out asap. I just wanted to make sure that would fix it. I have already cleaned the cables and made sure they had a real tight connection. By the way what tools are needed to replace it, or how many bolts to remove, etc.?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts