Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, it’s not my integra so I don’t know much about it but a friends integra locking mechanism is broken and I’m trynna fix it.
The integra has a problem with the driver side door. When it’s locked then unlocked it still stays locked. It doesn’t matter if it’s locked from the inside or outside it stays locked. The passenger side works normal. It doesn’t have keyless entry. The only way to make the driver side door open is if you go jiggle the key on the driver side door and keep trying to open at the same time. Any clues? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
what year is the car? I guess that doesnt really matter as much given how old the newest integra is (not including the 2023 model). There are numerous plastic clips and fasteners that hold the linkage rods in place on the locking mechanisms and the handles. Its possible one of them could be loose or broke just due to age. Luckily, it seems most are still available from acura, i ordered a few recently myself. You will definitely have to get behind the door panel and take a look and see if you can see anything noticeably wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts