Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont know if you guys ever saw those lil ramps so u can bring ur car up to change oil or wahtever else you wanna do under the car.. they sell them at autozone or .. i got mine at walmart for 15 bucks i hate using jacks so i figured this would be great. i get home take them outta teh box and try and fit them so i can drive my car up it .. but it looks like tegs are way to low for these things.. am i doing somthing wrong ? anyone use these ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think I know the ramps you are talking about. My friend used to use it on his Bimmer. You're not doing anything wrong. It's like you said, your car may be too low to use the ram and the tegs front bumper is a little too long. Your front bumpper is hitting the ramp before your wheel even gets to it. You may have to stick to the jacks, unless someone else here as a solution.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
try using .75"x8" planks and building steps to make it a longer, less gradual angle... make sure to screw the planks toghether so they don't slide around. if possible mount them to the actual ramps.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Get lowered ramps, use a jack to get the car up partway then slide the ramps in and drive up the rest (safer than just jacking the car). Theres multiple ways to get around it.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
After I lowered my Integra LS with Pro-kits I was too low to even go on the ramps with the extensions attached. I also had the OEM (Type R) front lip too making it a little lower. My Type R can't even make it up those ramps at stock height. If you can't get the ramps to work just get yourself a big jack and a set of stands and you'll be good to go.

The small jack is the crappy Autozone 2.5 ton "Team Mechanix" jack that is now in the trash. The big jack is an Arcan that I got at Costco for $60 and lifts the car way up into the air in just a few pumps. Definitely a good jack can make all the difference in the world. I know the agony of lifting your car with a crappy Autozone jack all too well. Don't give up on floor jacks.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
RacerXintegra2k - I figured I might have that problem when I first considered getting ramps, so I made sure to purchase some from a company that offered extensions for them. I don't remember the cost of the extensions, but around $10 sounds close. If I lower the GSR however, I'll have to follow surfer x's lead, and use a nice big floor jack.

I have all of that stuff, the ramps and extensions, jackstands (two sets), and a floor jack (but, it's the little cheap type from Sears
).

Just to be sure I'm not crushed while changing my oil, I use a set of jackstands as safety backups even when using the heavy duty ramps I have. Better to be safe than sorry.

And br1t1shguy is right too, you could follow his suggestion. There really is more than one way around this one.

(Oh, the ramps I have are yellow 'Ultra-Ramps' (model #URB9000) that are made by Tru-Cut Automotive. The extensioin kit is a model # UR2000. I purchased them from K-mart.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts