Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i came home from the bahamas...and the first thing i asked my mom is hows the car, she said its bad...that its totalled. for the rest of the 45 min. drive back i was fighting back crying...but..now im home, and its flowing like a river. they say dont get attached to material things, well, i did..and now im seeing why. i have pics of the wreck, but i dont feel like lookin at them..it pisses me off too much that that little of damage can total a car. well, the only thing i get to keep from the car is the spoiler...cause its mount is broken. i dunno what to do. i loved my car so much, i want another SSBP GSR but they are so hard to find in perfect condition like mine was. im gonna go to the GFs and cry to her for a bit...ill post the pics when i get back..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I feel your pain. I was heartbroken when I totaled my '91 CRX Si a year ago. You put so much time and effort(not to mention money) and it's all gone in a couple seconds. Sorry man.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
sorry to hear that, i honestly thought she would be saved. real sorry man. are you going to buy her up and fix her or you gonna look for a new one?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Bro i know how u feel....just totaled my TEG too (my first car) Feels like sh*t. At least ur ok.....cars come and go....you'll get money from insurance and you will soon be able to get another teg and paint it SSBP and make it 10 x's better then your old one. I'm so sorry to hear this. Feel better bro.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you cant paint a car SSBP..its not the same, i need to have it original. im not gonna buy the car, they estimated 11k worth of damage..right about wher ei said..and i said that wouldnt be totaleld, but i guess i cant do math very well (80% of a 15k car) ohwell. im scanning pics right now, im sure next post will be of pics.

·
Registered
80 Posts
o well man...move on its only a car

·
Registered
825 Posts
This hits close to home. Scott lives like 15 min from me. I feel your pain bro. For those who didnt know, this car was beautiful. *cryz* I smell the rebirth tho. Have hope for the future.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
There's no reason to cry man, it's just a car. I said what I felt in my last post about being happy that you're alive and thinking of whats really important. You said numerous times that you would have rather died. That's selfish, think about your family and all the pain they would have went through. Just be happy to be here, you only get one shot at life and it goes fast.

Like you said in your last post, have your parents buy you another SSBP GSR or a TypeR...that seems fair...

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Scott, We feel for you. Good luck in your search for a new teg...Hopefully it won't take too long and you'll feel better again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
hey sprocket, sorry to hear dude, my friend just wrecked his GSR too, but everything came out even better... mebe u can try what my friend did... he bought his car for like 12k, and insurance got him 13k, he made 1k from the wreck. And it gets even better, he bought his totalled car back from the insurance for 1500, which they were gonna sell to the junk yard for 1500. Now that he has his car back he sold the GSR engine that was still in very good shape for 4k, and a lot of the parts which he made like 1k. Now he has $16,500 to spend on his new car... w/ patience, and time i'm sure you can do the same and make an extra $4500 while you're at it...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Justin Klemgold on Aug/07/02 said:
There's no reason to cry man, it's just a car. I said what I felt in my last post about being happy that you're alive and thinking of whats really important. You said numerous times that you would have rather died. That's selfish, think about your family and all the pain they would have went through. Just be happy to be here, you only get one shot at life and it goes fast.

Like you said in your last post, have your parents buy you another SSBP GSR or a TypeR...that seems fair...

Like the man said don't ever let life pass you by. Incubus said in one of their songs "Warning". Material things do mean too much to us unfortunately and every now and then God snatches one away to make us realize what we should really be thankful for...Living. Hold your head up bro and move on the bigger and better things. Shopping for a new car might be more fun than you think.

Peace

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
sproket13 on Aug/07/02 said:
for the rest of the 45 min. drive back i was fighting back crying...but..now im home, and its flowing like a river. they say dont get attached to material things, well, i did..and now im seeing why.
buddy i really am sorry to hear what happened to you. but i really think you should be thankful for what you got. you say that you understand what they mean now about material things. im not so sure you do. the point of that sayin is not that when you lose a material thing it sucks. the point of that saying is that a materail thing is just that, material. thats all it is. they say dont get attached to it because, well in my opionion there are many better things to be attached too. like justin said, your family,friends, and your life should always come first. hope everything turns out all right for you or even better. good luck buddy.
alex

·
Registered
608 Posts
hey that sucks, if i ever crashed my car i would lose it too but honestly, ive been thinking if im better off with another car, u guys would kill me for this but i really want a new a4...anyways yea..that was a beauty ssbp..start over with another car or how bout another gsr..salvage ur rims they seem ok..take all u can from or original car..go for a type R

·
Registered
461 Posts
hay man at least you are ok. take all you can out of the car if you don't buy it back. take emblems and whatever you can..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts