Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 GSR manual 193k miles, which has been my daily driver since 2006 with no major issues. One issue I have had for a while is that the car intermittently does not turn over. It has been happening for maybe 6 years or so but was not very often. Maybe 3-4 times a year it would not turn over and I would hear a click sound and that it. Often I would just try a few times and it would start right up. Then it wouldn't happen again for another 3-6 months. It has started happening more often and would not start even if I tried several times, but it seemed like if I jumped my car it would start. I also noticed it was worse when my battery was getting older, so I'd get a new battery and then it wouldn't happen for a long time. This past year it has gotten significantly worse and getting a new battery or jumping would not work. However, if I just came back to the car 30 minutes or so later, it would start just fine. I also noticed that there is a delay where I turn the key, I hear a click, I keep the key turned and after a few seconds the car would start. Recently my car got stuck in a garage for 4 days and it just wouldn't start. Eventually, I messed with the ground wire on the starter and it started. I got home and scrubbed the corrosion off the ground contact and made sure the battery contacts and all that is good and the car started perfectly for 2 months, but yesterday the problem returned.

I was going to replace the starter this week, however, does this sound like a starter issue or some wiring type issue?

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts