Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i bought a moded 98 gsr jrsc'd integra and i went to a spot to get him to atleast get me a sticker and his comp couldn't communicate with the obd2(i think) he said that without the connection he can't give me a sticker that i would have to leave it have it checked or replace the cpu, is this tru?

I'm not sure if the NJ inspection stickers have barcode that can tell if it valid or not but can this be done without the connection? or is he just trying to get some more $$$? i thought if i just gave him all the info/paperwork that he could throw me a valid sticker....thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
NJ requires any OBD2 car to be connected to the computer to be 'scanned' and there is no way around it for these inspection shops.

I am not really sure if there is any sort of way around it...maybe tell him the stock ECU was fried out and replaced...or that is was stolen once and the yanked out the wiring.

Sometimes if they cant find the DTC connector they'll just say screw it too...

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i just need to find a spot that'll say just skrew it cuz he tried connecting to obd2 and nothing cuz the car is very moded and using hondata s200....i figured he would be like i can give a u sticker for $ but i didn't wanna flat out say it so i dunno if you know any place PM me please thanks

·
Registered
511 Posts
i know a place but the thing is its obd2 umm ill talk to some1 right fast and if you want pm me ill let you know and the new inspection stickers do have a barcode on it so they will need ur info.... let me ask jus pm me to remind me let me know where you are kause i might be kinda far from you lol...

·
Registered
174 Posts
only way they can do it on 96+ vehicles is to fabricate a sticker for no...no way else around it without a stock ECU and actually hooking you up to the machine and connecting properly

yes they are barcoded but how many people that have been pulled over or through a stop have been barcode scanned?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea very tru not unless u do something REALLY STUPID they just glance at it....i just need something on there cuz i got a ticket a mth ago (parked and at 2am) lmao that cop must of been bored as **** that damn bastard....anyways so yea i can't afford another PM if any ideas

·
Registered
511 Posts
yea but im pretty sure they wont start barcoding until they have a mass majority of the cars with the barcode and the same mass majority have the new license with the barcode..... itll make things much easier in a 1 to 2 years for the cops so expect it to happen soon.... just a heads up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.