Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this morning I got in my car and drove 30 minutes to school. I got out, popped the trunk, and went to open the hatch. When i got back there i noticed a bunch of key marks all over the place. There are swirls, some kinda weird initials, and really really deep key marks on the right rear section. I just got done doing a police report. I dont know whats gonna happen but hopefully i will get a new paint job or something. If i dont get a new paint job then i know they will at least be repainting both sides of my car, driver side door, rear bumper, hatch, long piece below the hatch, and they back right section next to the end of the spoiler. Im so pissed right now i dont know what i am gonna do.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Well, if I were a moderator I would move this post to the detailing section for some professional detailing advice from Styleteg and Jngrbrdman.

But i'm not.

So there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I understand your anger. My car got keyed a month ago and I am still trying to save up the cash to fix it. I had to put it on my insurance and I have a $500 deductable. I hate people who don't respect other peoples things. Just try and fix the problem. I have learned not to dwell on what happened because it gets me upset every time. My suggestion is to call your insurance company and see if you have "Comprehensive coverage", if you file it under that your rates will not go up. Sorry about your luck. :(

·
Registered
364 Posts
That Sux :( Too bad you don't live closer to me. My hubby is the painter at his body shop and he'd be able to help you out....he'd probably sand out the key marks and re-paint over with a perfect color match.
My sympathies....

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys/girls. I am probably going to take it to the body shop soon and see what kinda estimate they will give me on a new paint job. Hopefully this one happen again =(

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I would just have insurance pay to have that area repainted. If the scratches are deep, then chances are its not going to be easily repairable. You could buff the scratches out as much as possible, then use touchup paint, but I would just pay the deductable and get it to a bodyshop.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think we are having it repainted from the way that my dad was talking. The car is 95 black and im thinking of gettin it repainted to the new Type r black color. I dunno though. I will let ya know what happens

·
Registered
636 Posts
This happened to me awhile back, the insurance company picked up the tab and I got my whole passenger side repainted. If the scratches are deep like mine were then your best bet would probably be to just get it repainted, buffing it out won't work. People are so ignorant sometimes, bastards
. Good luck with the repair.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
yea being keyed is no fun at all.. back when my car was new.. not even a year after i got her.. someone keyed my car 80% around my car they left my hood and my driver's side fender keyless..

it started on the door at school and they must have followed me home.. had my buddy do a quick touch up for $300 (keymarks, taking out the huge hole in my fender and repainting a section of my front bumper.) but he wanted to date my mom.. so.. i got a real good deal.. lets just say i don't exactly have factory paint anymore.. stuff like this happens alot.. i dont think it should ever happen to cars at all.

be sure to take it to somewhere reputable.. where they do good work.. i've seen some pretty awful jobs before.. orange peel all over.. chipping paint.. just like the saying at my muffler shop.. "good work don't come cheap.. cheap work don't come good."

so far i've spent a good $2K on body shop repairs to my car.. hehehe

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
before the insurance guy comes to take a look at my car, the insurance company told me to take it to a body shop in town (well known guy who has been here doing good work for over 15 years) and get them to do an estimate on the damage. Looks like i will be goin up there tomorrow. Might see how much they will charge to get my skirts and lip painted as well. Man i wish i had a type r wing right about now. Im trying to see the good in this situation

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah i keep looking outside. If i see someone out there im gonna get out my paintball gun and cap them up then run out there and beat them to a bloody state. If you cant tell im really fed up with this stuff. BTW this has happened to me before just wasnt near as bad last time as this one is.

·
Registered
334 Posts
well, wut can help is black wax.....i see that ur sn is BlackGSR, im no detective or anything, but im guessin ur car is BLACK! go to track-auto (closing now) or pep boys and buy sum black wax (like black magic or turtle wax). wax ur car and all the small key marks will disappear. my car had a bunch of marks here and there, i used black wax on my car, and the marks went away. they eventually reappear tho, but hey, at least u get sum self-motivation back.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yo, i definitely feel u Black. I go through keyings like my cars everybodies big F*CKIN scratch off lottery card so dont let it get to you. I dont know if its because I have NY plates and somebody wants me gone back up north or just envy, all I know is that Im takin matters into my own hands, I put up surveilance cams all over my house and bought a gun
for some moral support, and besides...I do live in FL. (Land Of The Hater's) so all I can do is keep my eyes open and hope I parked in a nice safe spot.

p.s.not all floridians are haters

1 - 17 of 17 Posts