Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This blows!
I went down to Oregon to visit my Girl Friend. Go to bed at 2 wake up at 8 and my driver side rear corner window is broke. The **ckers took my 900$ subwoofer setup and amp.
PLUS they couldn't have even broke the right window!!! They should have broke the driver front... thats the one that needs fixed.

·
Super Moderator
14,185 Posts
ouch sorry man

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just last friday, My car was broken into. I parked about a city block away from work. The parking area is a long, dead-end street, and at the end, there are homeless people's tents. I think they thought I had subs since both seats were down and all my stuff was laying around. they didn't even steal the pennies in my change compartment! What a pain. 200 dollars for the front passenger side window! At times like this I don't feel sorry for bums, I just want to shoot them with a bb gun! That was the second time it happened!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
MisterGSR on Aug/20/02 said:
Just last friday, My car was broken into. I parked about a city block away from work. The parking area is a long, dead-end street, and at the end, there are homeless people's tents. I think they thought I had subs since both seats were down and all my stuff was laying around. they didn't even steal the pennies in my change compartment! What a pain. 200 dollars for the front passenger side window! At times like this I don't feel sorry for bums, I just want to shoot them with a bb gun! That was the second time it happened!
I see your from Frisco.. When i lived there I always see people walking around cars and grabing on the door handle and, checking if is unlock .. and if it is then your going too havea few thing missing, and most of the time the parts that they took might be, part's that they took from your car .

·
Registered
19 Posts
ARRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I hate hearing sad stories... I just wrote up a long post about this topic for those of u who havent already read it. Its called "Dont Steal My TEGGY" I had another almost horror story of people trying to steal my bros car on his bday. BTW sorry to hear that phoenix.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Guys, also be warned when taking your car to the shop and leaving it, I have a friend that says he took his car to a shop, left it for a day, then picked it up later that evening. A week later his car was stripped but no broken windows. They must have made a copy of his key and as for the alarm, they must have made the wireing easily accessible to cut at a later date. He had a tricky wire setup and for somebody to know exactly what to cut and in a period of like 4hrs........not likely possible. Its too bad theres no proof but its clear that it was somebody who's seen the car in detail.

trust no one<---

·
Registered
395 Posts
u just have to be careful. the more stuff a car has the more likely it is going to get jacked. i always find the best parking space for my teg even if it means being a little late for something important. id rather say, i cant find a space to park then having to deal with my car being stolen or vandalized at the end of the day. im sorry about your car though. what ive done to protect my system was disabled the trunk pop completely. I also twisted off the handles that lowers the backseats down. It makes it a whole lot harder for thieves to take the amp and box with the little space that they have to work with.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
That sucks major balls dude, but look at it this way man at least they didnt steal your car, how would you feel then? Alot worse than now im betting. We all need to hire big black dudes to stand next to our cars.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
integra_guy on Aug/20/02 said:
I see your from Frisco.. When i lived there I always see people walking around cars and grabing on the door handle and, checking if is unlock .. and if it is then your going too havea few thing missing, and most of the time the parts that they took might be, part's that they took from your car .
I see that happen all the time here. I've been sitting in my car before and had a guy walk up to the car next to me and try to bust it open and so forth.

Sorry to hear about that man. What's the insurance status?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Was the stuff exposed? If so, then you were asking fo rit. If it was hidden, someone had to of either seen you or heard you. IF it's someone in the area, I'd hunt them down and lay the smack down.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just before I reach where I am going (be it home or work etc.) I always turn off my system so no one can hear or feel it, so that no one knows that I have a booming system.
I have seen tons of people trying to be flashy and blast their systems while they park and walk away.Next thing you see is broken glass next to his car and it missing some nice sub and amps.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
EV4530 on Aug/20/02 said:
Guys, also be warned when taking your car to the shop and leaving it, I have a friend that says he took his car to a shop, left it for a day, then picked it up later that evening. A week later his car was stripped but no broken windows. They must have made a copy of his key and as for the alarm, they must have made the wireing easily accessible to cut at a later date. He had a tricky wire setup and for somebody to know exactly what to cut and in a period of like 4hrs........not likely possible. Its too bad theres no proof but its clear that it was somebody who's seen the car in detail.

trust no one<---
That's funny b/c there is a shop in PA, not sure where or the name but from what i hear they do the samething. They've been figured and sued so now they're out of comission for good. I wish people could be more honest about their work. You really can't trust anyone working on your car so that's why i never leave it alone unless i know them personally. Not even for 20mins....=)~

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car.I had the same thing happen to me early this year. They smashed the passengers side window. But my alarm went off and they stole nothing just made a mess of my car. I am still finding glass now.
It was a big inconvience.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks much for the condolences
I'm not sure how much the insurance is going to cover. They should be out sometime today to look at it.
And yeah they were exposed :-( I was too excited to finally be off the road (6 1/2 hours) and finally see my GF, so I didn't flip my seats back up *smacks himself for his stupidity*

But i'm looking into alarms now... are those ones with pagers any good? Would you guys recommend impact, motion or glass sensors?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts