Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys this is my very first post so please correct me if I wrote something wrong. I have an 98 integra gsr that I just replaced trailing arm bushings on that fishtails when I turn and even a little when im driving straight. It feels like the front wheels are driving straight but the car's rear is facing diagonal like the truck
in the photo I posted. The bolt to frame in the compensator arm on the driver side was seized to the bushing so I cut it off and replaced both the bolt and the arm. I forgot to mark the places on the bolt and ended up just tightening it up. On the same side the LCA to strut bolt was also seized so I replaced both the LCA and strut too. When putting in the Trailing arm Bushings I realized after putting in I put it in slightly crooked but it was able to still bolt in the frame so I left it. On the passenger side it was different. I was able to get the compensator toe bolt out no problem. But When I undid the 2 bolts connecting the rotor to the rear wheel well the whole trailing arm fell face forward. I attempted to untighten the bolt Connecting from the LCA to Trailing arm because i was going to replace the LCA and shock anyways but it did not budge a bit so I left it. When I went to turn the trailing arm back up and I heard the same bushing sound like it binded and tore. I replaced the trailing arm bushing and it was straight with in specs and I put everything back together. I did notice that the Stabilizer arm link lower bolt on the same side connecting to the LCA did not come out the other side when putting it in but it still connected them. After everything was done I drove down to the shop and did an alignment. At first both rear toes were around 90 and I was able to get them down to 50 and 40 degrees. (Spec is 16ish) Reason why i couldnt go no more was because the toe bolts would just start coming out the compensator arm and i didnt want the bolt to completly come out. While driving home I noticed my car started slightly fishtailing when making turns at 40mph and I REALLY felt it going straight down the highway at 80mph to the point where i started sweating and drove no more than 55 back home. I know I have to fix something but I'm just having trouble finding out where to start.

2283BC8A-9FFA-42E7-A102-BC3BE37FF3EF.jpeg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Something is loose and allowing too much travel. Could be as simple as one bolt. Could be a wasted bushing. Or your toe could be in outer space: either too little, or one side way out for whatever reason. Old cars are a pain in the ass but suspension has to go back together right.

·
Registered
2001 Integra Type R
28 Posts
Anytime you replace things like that, you should go and get an alignment check regardless when are done. Just peace of mind. Good luck man!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts