Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so here is what happened... change the timing belt and the water pump. got the car to start and even drove it for a little bit then it die when it was idling at my driving way. after that cant get it to start again. took it apart to see if its still at TDC and it is. any idea?

·
Registered
811 Posts
check your cam and crank sensor signals back to the computer if you have a scantool

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does cap and spark plugs have anything to do with it? and if so... i replaced the plugs and cap. the cap i kinda messed it up by screwing the screwing too tight and it kind of crack. (its around the screw holes. don't think it would affect it or maybe it would)

·
Registered
814 Posts
95GSRnj on Sep/17/07 said:
check your cam and crank sensor signals back to the computer if you have a scantool
x3

I did a timing belt and when I first tried to start it, it wouldn't start, then I was thinking, wtf did I do wrong? Then started looking and realized I forgot to plug the Crank Position Sensor back in, DUH!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got a spark tester and tested with no spark. first let me make sure i did it correctly... ok i plugged the boot in the the head of the tester and then ground it to the ground that is used for the motor (that ground should be good right) and then cranked it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i Just got done doing the advanced Ignition troubleshooting from here Article and the secondary coil tested at 12.4k ohms where the article said "should fall between 12.8K and 19.2K ohms". does that mean the coil is bad?

·
Registered
272 Posts
That just means resistance is less and it will vary depending on diffrent circumstanaces... Heat has alot to do with resistance...

think stupid did you check ALLLL your fuses.. sounds like it could be an ECU Fuse

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
You need to test the Ignition Control Module too... I don't know if you tested it when you tested the coil, but that can go bad too.

... and the way you tested for spark sounds right, so you should've had a spark, but I think I heard somewhere that if you don't properly ground the plugs when you crank it, you can mess up the stuff in the dizzy (coil and icm).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.