Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done some research and found similar problems but none that are the same as mine.

Whats going on...
When I start my car, for the most part it starts up fine. When it is cold it runs flawlessly. once its up to operating temp, it starts to bog/hesitate under 3000 rpm if I apply more then 50% throttle.

If I keep the car in neutral and want to rev the engine by applying 50% + throttle instantly it will bog/choke. If I hold the pedal down it will die, if i release it will try to recover and idle normally, but at times it still dies.
If I bring the RPM gently/slowly over 3000, then I can floor it and it will rev fine, no problems. Any ideas.

Same happens if I try to get on the gas more the 50% when taking off from a stop, the car will bog/choke, but if I take off gently and bring it over 3000, i can mash the gas pedal and the car will work fine.

At this point I'm looking at replacing the fuel pump and injectors and will test the fuel relay.
Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
275 Posts
whens the last time you replaced plug wires, cap & rotor and plugs?
My friend had a very similar issue and it turned out to be his spark plug wires were toastt. (old and cracked).

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
that, or even an o2 sensor after all of that. I just changed what Kraz said and fixed mine until I upgraded the exhaust to 2.25" then it's doing it again, I'm willing to bet it's the o2 sensor now, so going to change that next.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got the problem fixed. It turned out to be the battery. It was not fully being charged, so I guess it was defective. once I put in a new battery its running flawlessly. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey ive had that same problem with my 98 ls, it was always ard for me to desricbe it but thats what mine does and im pretty sure it means that you just need a tune up......plugs, wires,cap rotor and even a fuel filter would help out a lot i believe.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i did swap in a new fuel filter and cleaned my air filter and it was still doing it. once I changed out the battery it was started working prefectly.

What is the average life of a car battery? I know there are many factors involved that affect the life of a battery but i'm looking at getting an avg time frame that people changed out their batteries?

·
Registered
344 Posts
batterystuff.com said:
8. Battery life and performance - Average battery life has become shorter as energy requirements have increased. Two phrases I hear most often are "my battery won't take a charge, and my battery won't hold a charge". only 30% of batteries sold today reach the 48-month mark. In fact 80% of all battery failure is related to sulfation build-up. This build up occurs when the sulfur molecules in the electrolyte (battery acid) become so deeply discharged that they begin to coat the battery's lead plates. Before long the plates become so coated that the battery dies. The causes of sulfation are numerous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.