Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My key broke in the ignition cylinder and so I replaced the cylinder. However, I seem to have broken or not assembled something back properly because now the car beeps as soon as I open the door, even if the key is NOT in the ignition.

I did reinstall the small black switch on the back of the cylinder and tightened it with the small screw...

Maybe I broke the switch while I was taking out the cylinder? Or maybe it needs to be installed in a special way?

Please help... the beeping is killing me. Lol

PS: I do want to keep the normal "you left your key in the ignition" beep...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok, I figured out it is definitely the switch. It is "stuck" in the closed position. Even when I unhook the switch from the ignition housing, the beep is still present... So, I unsoldered the two wire leads from the switch and the beeping stopped. That's great, no more beeping... But, now I won't know when I've left my keys in there.... :-(

Anyone know where to buy a new/used switch?

Alternatively, I know many folks hate the beep warning for the key left in the.ignition and have therefore either clipped the wires or removed the piezo that emits the beep. So, any of you guys out there who would be willing to part with the switch? All I need is the switch, I can just solder it to my wire harness. Thanks!!!

BTW, anyone know what kind of switch this is? It is definitely NOT a mechanical/touch switch. It seems to me it is a metal proximity switch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI: I did a little bit of research and it seems this switch is called a reed switch. But I have not had any luck finding one in that form factor! :) I'd have to buy a whole harness.

Anyway, if any of you who have disconnected it would not mind parting with yours please let me know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts