Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been having issues with the battery being drained & i have absolutely no clue how to fix it. I tried new alternator, starter, checked grounds. Probably a couple minutes into my car being on my car shuts off while driving because the battery has been drained i been going the cheap way to find out what else to do, parasitic test is my last option but also want to know what i can try before wasting more $$

·
Registered
41 Posts
Of course you can always check to be sure voltage goes up after the car is started. That would of course mean your alt. Is charging. You could have a bad wire in the alt harness meaning the car isn't sending a signal to the alt to tell it to turn on. In this case it is usually an easy fix of running a small wire 18 or 16 gauge should work fine, to the fuse box find a fuse or a unused place in the fuse box that supplies power with the key on. Maybe best to use an add a circuit fuse tap. Run that write thru the fire wall and connect it to the proper wire in the alt harness so it gets power and tells the alt to turn on and start charging. This is what I did to fix my problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts