Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends and I were driving through the local canyon here (nice and curvy), I always lead the pack cuz I've got the most experience. There were 4 other cars behind me in our little pack, three of which were new to driving the canyon.

once we got enough distance in front of us I took off to hit the curves. I've been through it hundreds of times so i know it like the back of my hand. only seconds after i took off i saw nobody in my rear view. I figured my friend (vtec del sol) had stayed behind with the newbies to watch over them. Then a stranger drives up next to me when i'm pulled over waiting for them to catch up. "Your friend got in a car accident, you better go back there." I nearly crapped my pants. It just didn't feel right having to wait so long for everyone to catch up. I knew something was wrong. So i turned around and sped back. Looking down every corner and turnout for my friends. Then sure enough, there was my friend's 2002 WRX on the side of the road. Front end smashed in, oil and coolant leaking everywhere. Roxanne (the car) was bleeding bad. My friend very fortunately only had a little bruise behind his head from hitting something in the car. He lost control going around a corner and spun out, went through a fence head on and skidded only a foot or two away from a telephone pole. His front end was torn up... looked like hell, but his airbags didn't even come out. Which we all found to be quite strange.

Anyways... it wasn't an integra... but it was a fellow racer. My friend is alive with only a minor bruise so thank God for that, even though his airbags didn't even go off. Anyways, thats my story. No word if its totaled yet but its pretty damn banged up. Time to mourne... another good man(car) down. =(

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
sounds like a bad case of inexperianced driver syndrome...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
that's sucks...at least your friend is okay, i would have the car totaled than have him hurt bad...that just proves doing that curvy stuff the first time going fast is never good and you should know better than going quickly through the curves, it's human instinct to catch up.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
01Night gsr- nah, not hacienda... carbon canyon. it runs from brea to chino hills.

flyinhighimport- i know what you're saying about me taking it faster than they can go... the thing is they weren't directly behind me, and they know better than to take it that fast anyway. He wasn't even going that fast. The guys behind him said he was doing about 50. I was doing probably 75-80 (like i said, i never watch my speedometer), and its not like he got very far before he lost control. I had just taken off and seconds later they were all gone. He lost control mostly because of his tires, partly lack of experience (which also didn't do any good when he shoulda been able to gain control of the slide before crashing). I mean believe me... i've placed pleanty of blame on myself for this. I feel pretty crappy for not saying anything about his tires, cuz i wouldn't have driven on bald tires myself, and had i said anything his car wouldn't have been on that road with us.

Facing facts, if i were him and this were my first time, i wouldn't have taken it that fast no matter how far behind i was. Its just common sense, so that was his choice. ahhh whatever... now it just sounds like i'm trying to pass blame... I suppose you could blame it on whoever or whatever you want (i.e. bump in the road, bald tires, inexperienced driver, a fischer suddenly opened up the earth's crust beneith his car and sent him off course). See it as you will... i'll see it as it was.

He's alive, and unhurt.. thats all that matters.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
No offense, but this is why they have AutoX...it's totally unsafe to do that on the road.

Glad to hear everyone is OK though, I feel bad for that WRX, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts