Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**as odd as this is, there is another thread on now about this started by someone else, but he has a completely diff problem than i do, so that is why i started this**

heres the deal - i installed a remote starter in my sisters 2001 accord yesterday(despite it not being an integra, it makes no difference they both use the same second generation airbag system and reset procedure, etc..), and decided to disconnect the battery during the install. i remeber seeing somewhere that this itslef can cause the SRS light to throw a code. i also disconnected the guage cluster while the battery had been reconnected in order to get the tach signal wire(easier than the engine bay in that car)

so anyway, the light came on when i finished the install and started the car up. i didnt go NEAR any of the yellow harness, so i think it was that i disconnected the guage cluster....either way, i searched TI and the net and found the reset procedure, the one with the MES connector and jumpin it, disconnecting, and jumping again, but i CANT GET IT TO TURN OFF AT ALL. in the procedure, after you jump it with the car off, you are supposed to turn the car on and wait about 6 seconds for it to go off, then proceed to the next step. the problem is, it wont go off, i cant even get past the first step of the procedure...what gives?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
2001? I think the warranty on the SRS is 5 years. Worst comes to worst, take it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
JustTegIt on Feb/17/04 said:
its $80 at the dealer to reset the light no matter what year it is..according to everyone on the net ive seen
I bought my 97' used in 99' and the SRS light was on. Took to the dealer in 00' and got my bubbled door panels and F'ed up deck replaced, and they serviced the SRS under the warranty. Give the dealer a call, give them your VIN, and they should be able to tell you if the SRS system is still under warranty.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well for and update guys, i fixed it, i was able to reset it!

it was dark last night and i dont think i was jamming the jumper wire far enough into the plug to make a good connection, becasue it worked the first time i tried it today.

now thhat that problem is solved, i gotta figure out how to run a wire into her door panel...iti s just as much of a PITA as in Integras....one of the bonehead moves pulled by Honda, was that on the EX model (which she has) the factory securuty system disarm wire is in the door panel, and can only be accessed there, because after the door panel it is a multiplexed signal, rather than a simple ground....so i have to run my factory diarm wire form the remote start module into the dor to tap the wire by the drivers door key cylinder....
..the stuff i do for my sisters

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.