Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my exhaust with the silencer already in, and i can't get it out for the life of me. I've taken out the three allen bolts that hold it in, and the thing won't budge. Any suggestions on how i can take it out. It is a removable silencer, it just came in the muffler.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
what muffler?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Iy might have slightly rusted on. Try some penetrating spray around the edges, and see if that helps loosen it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are no more bolts... its an OBX B-3 Muffler, it came with a removable silencer in it, but its really stuck in there. I tried some wd-30 and it still didnt budge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try tapping it with a rubber mallet to loosen it. After it moves a little bit, wrap the silencer with an old tshirt or something and pull on it with a couple pliers. The tshirts will keep you from scratching the silencer and the pliers should give you a good enough grip to yank it out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no luck, this thing is jammed in there, and no mechanics or shops around here will look at it, i think i'm screwed... any other suggestions, or any TI members live around Bowie, MD that can help me out?

·
Registered
126 Posts
put some gas around the edges of the silencer...get a lighter...light it for a few seconds then put it out...the instant heat around it makes the tip around it expand then grab some vicegrips and pull like hell...not the best way to do it but ive known a few people in ur situation and that seemed to do the trick

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Quote: Schof01 on Aug/06/02no luck, this thing is jammed in there, and no mechanics or shops around here will look at it, i think i'm screwed... any other suggestions, or any TI members live around Bowie, MD that can help me out?[/QUOTE] I just sent you a PM anyway I can use my heat gun that I use to tint windows and some of my tools.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts