Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
01 vogue silver metallic gsr
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So long story short I had an rs and loved it, it was my first car but after some time I had to scrap it part it out and salvage what parts I could here’s my old build log

currently as of about six years ago I bought a gsr switched the parts I could over drove it for a year she sat for a few now this year with all my spare covid time off I managed to get her back on the road.

Managed to get most of my parts from my rs onto it aswell as Jdm suspension, trailing arm bushings, toque mounts, new coolant reservoir, polyurethane shifter bushings, new passenger door handle and switched the lock over today as my old handle snapped off, tomorrow I’m installing new rear bumper retainer? Brace bar as well as the upper metal bumper clip, just patched a fuel line leak but I ordered stainless braided all the way plus an inline k tuned fuel filter for a bit of a tuck once that arrives I’ll post pics of the process.
Lots of pics and updates to come,

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Cant wait to see the updates

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
gave her a bit of a wash, new konig rims 17”

you can notice here she was in a fender bender paint is quite off colour on that fender

passenger door handle was replaced and painted with duplicolor silver metallic, can hardly tell the difference

Gonna look into redoing the tints, the back window not being done is driving me mad probably get that done next week, bit of rear quarter rust but not bad for 330k probably gonna repaint during winter storage

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
dam that looks clean. i have to try to take some pics of min and how it looks right now. I have to start to work on her, shes driving me nuts in the garage. I live in a neighbourhood that alot of people are into cars and i see that all out working or cleaning or driving around the area just stretching the cars legs out LOL. Im the only one that i know of with it under a cover on dollies in the garage and it sucks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dam that looks clean. i have to try to take some pics of min and how it looks right now. I have to start to work on her, shes driving me nuts in the garage. I live in a neighbourhood that alot of people are into cars and i see that all out working or cleaning or driving around the area just stretching the cars legs out LOL. Im the only one that i know of with it under a cover on dollies in the garage and it sucks
Thanks she’s got small patches of rust on the quarters, roof by the front window, trunk where the wing was shaved and on the hood aswell but it hides fairly well I guess for 330k. I’d love to see more of your build what do you have left to do untill you can get her goin again?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
are you planning to keep it with out a spoiler on the back ? Rims look really nice on the teg. Any plans on lowering it a little ?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you planning to keep it with out a spoiler on the back ? Rims look really nice on the teg. Any plans on lowering it a little ?
I think I’m gonna keep it wingless I kinda like the look, I’m debating lowering but I did just put jdm suspension on with 45k on them so probably gonna wait, if I do lower it I’ll only be doing a small drop no tuck or anything crazy

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I think I’m gonna keep it wingless I kinda like the look, I’m debating lowering but I did just put jdm suspension on with 45k on them so probably gonna wait, if I do lower it I’ll only be doing a small drop no tuck or anything crazy
oh i know what u mean. im just about the little adjustments. Im not into the slam and tuck either.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
vms billet aluminum 70mm throttle body fuel rail and regulator and stainless an lines to go on, ended up finding an exhaust leak where my two piece headers met so ended up putting a new gasket and gasket seal on there today so no more fluttering on acceleration.60ft lbs snapped one of the bolts fought and got it out 40ft lbs worked much better :) Also I know a rail is unessecary as my power goals are basically just 200ish but it’s just for the cleaner look for me personally, and possibility of boost later on. still need to get an intake manifold I think I’m gonna go with the black series skunk2. For now she also has a high idle usually around 1300/1400 so I’m going to be cleaning the iacv and checking the fast idle valve to see if it’s backed out. Coolant was bled today so I know it’s not that. Also my stupidity got the best of me I ordered the lines with the 10x1.25 thread for the stock rail before I ordered the rail so now I’m awaiting the fitting untill I can get the rail and lines put on so that’ll be next week.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
what kind of fluid u leaking ? color, smell ?

maybe head gasket. when was it last done ?

take a pic

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what kind of fluid u leaking ? color, smell ?

maybe head gasket. when was it last done ?

take a pic
It was dark out and hard to see much it almost looked like coolant maybe, reason I checked was I smelt a strange burning smell. I test fit my fuel rail the other day while I await my adapter fitting and now one of the injectors is spraying a bit of gas from one of them. I’ve heard people can tighten the rail too much, mine doesnt have the spacers between the rail and the IM so I’m guessing I possibly tightened it too much it looks like one of the grommets is a bit compressed, gonna disassemble it tonight and see if I can seat the injectors again and hopefully fix it. I have also ordered an injector repair kit but if that doesn’t work I’ll be getting new injectors I suppose. I’m really hoping it’s not the head gasket I’m not sure when it was last done but by the looks of it it’s definitely not the cam seal.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
when did you change your oil ? that will tell you but i is smelling like a head gasket

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
when did you change your oil ? that will tell you but i is smelling like a head gasket
Recently and looking at it there isn’t anything off that I can tell, it could’ve possibly just been the gas that got over there but idk, I’m gonna drain it so I can better tell, if I’m lucky I guess it could just be gas from the injector, hopefully gonna have time soon to check I’ll keep the updates coming, atleast if it’s a head gasket I can get some arp studs in there aswell just gonna be bummed to have her off the road any longer than she already is but oh well I’d rather be safe and fix it than risk seriously damaging something, thanks for all the advice too, much appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
hey we have to keep fellow TI crew from Ontario tight. i can say that maintaining now will reduce the long term issue that can cause the bigger off road fixes

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the tires Guys that mounted my tires messed up the balance I put the old blades on and it’s completely gone. Now I have a strange tail light issue when running with lights off brakes work fine but when on and brakes are pressed passenger side goes out but other two brighten. Checked fuse and ground and resurfaced the ground and replaced the bulb and still no change...also the driver side side marker light is out but always so I’m sure that’s just the bulb. Ordered new gaskets for tail lights because there’s an obvious water leak as the passenger light had corrosion on the bulb socket and I can see where there’s been water with light rusting. More fun little projects, kinda stumped with this light issue

1 - 16 of 16 Posts