Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '90 GS 4 door and dont like the look of the black rub strips. I'd like to paint them red to match the car, and make it a DIY job. ANy help/advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah that's what i mean. i've seen alot of pics of gen 2's that have them color-matched to the car, just wondering how it's done...

·
Registered
455 Posts
they are not hard to paint at all, i painted mine, just use some 1500 grit sand paper to scuff them up a lil tape the off or just take them off the just spray them with whatever your using, i used a spray gun and bought all my paint from napa , base, clear, or you can just get acrylic which isnt as good as base, clear but it will work, just use the basic as you would paint anything else

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Yeah, rough em up, get color matched from dupont or something, bust out the gun, prime em, give em lotso coats of color so the rubber doesnt show its ugly face, then clearcoat em so they stay nice n shiny.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i dont beleive it would look any different but could be wrong, and like freeride said a flex agent is great , it will make the paint last alot longer than just havin it chip off if ever bent wrong, and i like to say that i think 400 is a lil too rough and could quite possiably leave sand marks if the whole process isnt done correctly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts