Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok seeing as i'm new on here i just want to feel the water on everyones opinions on aftermarket rear lights/after market parts
To start with i live in Ireland and there arent that many integras (theres only 7 in my home town of 25k people) anyway, i decided after much deliberation that i didnt like the stock lites on the rear so went for a set of c/f IS200/altezza lites (dont know hwy theyre called altezza, theyre not even like them- supra/skyline would be more fitting) anyway, i really like them and no one else i've seen has them so my are sort of unique in a way, but after being on HT for the last couple of years i've become sort of brain washed and put my stocks back on, i just wanted to know every ones opinion on these lites. Poooooooleaseeeeee dont reply withRICEas i'm sick of hearing that, i just want to know what this board thinks of a persons choice to do their car what they like?

BTW when i got my car from japan, there were ITR and MUGEN stickers all over it, which i removed, i dont like stickers, especially ones that proclaim some brand/name that the person doesnt even have on/in their car

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Altezza bad....stock = so money (Yeah C)

·
Registered
304 Posts
We dont use the "R" word here! So dont worry about that. But alot of people dont like altezzas, because they think they are played out. But where I live in Lancaster, im one of the few people in my town that has them. So they arent common here so i like them. Thats why i have them. If everyone else in lancaster had them i would get rid of them. I wouldnt want my teg to be to trendy.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Do what you want with your car, there are some people on this board that will tell you that Altezza's are rice and that they are trash. I have them on mine and I love them. Most people here will tell you that it is your car and you should do to it what you wish...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I used to have altezzas, but they just got played out because alot of people in my town have them now. So I switched back to stock. Now I want '98 and up all red stock tails.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have altezzas and like them. But recently i've been wanting a change, I think i'll tint them and paint my stock ones all red too. maybe one day ill have a diff set of lights for every day of the week. jk

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
do what you want, I'm getting cf ones also.

·
Registered
395 Posts
yeah, you should do what you want. just because people say stuff doesnt mean that it is bad. just their preference. you will mostly hear bad replys from places that have so many altezzas that stock lights are a very rare find...
...i personally like the black or carbon fiber altezzas for a black car. it looks very clean.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
you said carbon fiber right? CF euro lights are awesome on black tegs! i had "altezzas" on my teg, but then everyone had them, even dodge neons..so i took them off, plus i was getting tired of the chrome housing contrasting against the car color. but CF would look great on your car!

btw...can i have your stock taillights?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I have a set of them...and lately they have become very popular in my area...so I bought some Red Stained Glass translucent paint and painted them w/ a few coats of clear and they look great...very unique!

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
No offense to anyone but why would you get rid of something just because everyone else had it if you liked the Altezzas and everyone had em you guys should of just kept em. I own a toaster, so do all of you im not about to go throw that away because toasting bread is a trend.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Shadowhunter on Sep/05/02 said:
No offense to anyone but why would you get rid of something just because everyone else had it if you liked the Altezzas and everyone had em you guys should of just kept em. I own a toaster, so do all of you im not about to go throw that away because toasting bread is a trend.
lol damn talk about a good anology. Shadow are you a philosophy professor.

And yeah i agree with that as well, if you like it than thats what matters.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Here in Marin,North of SF, I seem to be the only one with my style APC altezzas with carbon fiber surround. didn't care much for the stocks. They were very boring. I hated the orange on them. Like most of us at this site say.."To each his own." Do what you want. Hey does anyone else ever just stare at their car in the garage? Not that I do...that would be weird...Ha!ha!

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i don't have a toaster

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Haha,Nah no Philosophy, I just got to thinking its dumb to get stuff because everyone else is but it's just as dumb to go well damn everyone has altezzas screw that mine are gone. If you like it stick with it simple as that no need to change who you are to not fit in with everyone else. I mean logically most other people would go damn everyone has altezzas I better get rid of mine and go to clear corners so you already got clear corners trying to be different but then everyone does just what you did, so what now back to the Altezza's?

·
Registered
966 Posts
The question is, if someone takes their clear tail lights off when other people have them, is the only reason they put them on in the first place because no one else did? I mean, did they really like them, or were they just doing it to be unique? It's kinda stupid--if you don't truely like the way something looks, don't do it because no one else is. Or, conversely, if you do like the way something looks, don't change to be different.

I've got a Type-R spoiler on my Integra (or I did until some asshole stole it!!) and I wouldn't take it off even if every Integra in Redding, California had one.

That's just my opinion. Oh, and I hate "Altezzas"--especially when people do them on dark cars. on silver or white it doesn't look too bad, but if you've got a black car, for God's sake, at least get the gray ones!
(Of course even then they don't look any better than stock--just not as bad as the silver ones.) "Altezzas" are right up there with bras--yeck!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Ok you guys are talkin about altezza getting played out. Why dont people view it in a different prespective and say that stock is played out. Isnt that true since everyone has stock. Isnt the meaning of played out mean that everyone has it and its not cool no more. So wouldnt stock be played out since everyone has it?

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Quote: Oo9o9xAzNoO on Sep/06/02Ok you guys are talkin about altezza getting played out. Why dont people view it in a different prespective and say that stock is played out. Isnt that true since everyone has stock. Isnt the meaning of played out mean that everyone has it and its not cool no more. So wouldnt stock be played out since everyone has it? [/QUOTE]Im sorry dude that just dosen't work for me...(trying to use constructive criticisim, without flaming)Just think about it this way theres only a ceartin amount of people that are really into cars enough to 'supe em up' the rest of the population dosent give a rats ass if its stock or not. There is no played out when your an 80 year old grandmother driving a gsr.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts