Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So weekend before last I put a Clifford Matrix 3.5 into a co-workers '02 RSX Type-S

Today he called me after i left the office and in the background before he even spoke, i could hear the factory horn beeping... meaning he set off the factory alarm.....

well, i pulled his factory remote off his keychain and replaced with the Clifford remote, but somehow today he armed and consequently set off the factory alarm (to note: if this ever happens to you, simply use the key to "unlock" the driver's door from the outside)

So this doesn't happen again, i was thinking that maybe, since it's not longer in use, i could just unplug the factory alarm module located to the left of the steering column, that way this will never happen again

While i fully intend to just give this a try tomorrow, maybe someone has run into this and has some comments/thoughts in the meantime.....personally i don't think there will be a problem with just unplugging it

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Yea, they do -- and it's rather advanced.

A light on the gauge cluster illuminates, letting you know the key was recognized.

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Screw all that...

unplugging the factory alarm takes it out of the equation......

and to answert the question from a few replies ago, the responsder key stuff is part of the ECU, not the factory alarm

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
MorningZ on Oct/08/07 said:
Screw all that...

unplugging the factory alarm takes it out of the equation......

and to answert the question from a few replies ago, the responsder key stuff is part of the ECU, not the factory alarm
true, the factory alarm is just a noise maker if an entry point is breached...

Z, i was under the impression that the oem alarm system was an active system, what made it passively arm?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.