Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a used VAFC for my LS, I was wondering if there was any was to fool the VAFC into thinking VTEC has been activated, letting me use both the high and low settings for a total of 16 tuning points instead of 8.

I think some sort of signal would have to be faked for the VTEC solenoid input on the VAFC. Any way this could be rigged up?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dougw101 on Feb/20/04 said:
You don't have to do anything to fake it. Where you set your VTEC inguagement point is where VTEC "kicks in" so you get your points above that point.
are you serious? That sounds too good to be true!

why would anyone get an safc when they could just buy a VAFC, leave a few wires disconnected and get twice as many tuning points?

i got a vafc cause it was a good deal, used and I had the money at the time. it was a snapto install and seems to be workin fine.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow, so by pure fluke I now have 16 tune points? I hooked it up like you said, left the 2 VTEC wires unconnected.

I just set it up now, set low from 1000-4500, high from 4600-7400, can tune about every 400rpm after 4600, that's awesome!

i'm glad the vafc is so dumb it doesn'r realize it has no vtec input, i guess i gave it more credit then it deserved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.